CHAPTER2: Dreaming

Before anything els could happen i went back to sleep to maybe get some rest. Sometime later i woke up at two A.M. to the sound of glass shattering somewhere in the house along with an unsettling scream. I quickly got out of bed and ran down the stairs to the kitchen to only see glass and blood all over the floor. The creature that caused the mess slowly tilted its head at me silently, i stopped what i was doing and watched in fear as it looked right at me and walked around the room still bleeding out smearing the blood around even more. The creature was hunched over its skin was torn at some parts, it looks like the material that i had found the other day in the woods. Could this be the creature i saw before? The monster screamed again and ran out the kitchen door and vanished in the blink of an eye. I couldnt help myself so i put my shoes on and got my jacket and followed the trail of blood to see where it would take me. The smell of blood was strong and the trail had stopped a few feet away, I cant tell where the smell of the blood was coming from, but it was getting alot stronger i cant stand this. I ran back to my house and with out remembering the blood everywhere nearly slipping on it i catch myself by falling into the chair beside me. As my vision fades i see someone in the corner of my eye leaning over me, i couldnt open my eyes to see who it was. I open my eyes to see myself in bed as i turn over to see the clock i suddenly had a massive headache and ran to the bathroom to throw up. I came back out and saw that the time was ten P.M. to make sure im not dreaming i went downstairs to the kitchen to see if the mess was still there. sure enough it wasnt, i checked outside to see if the trail of blood was gone. Im glad thats over i never want to experience that ever again. I checked the power to see if it was working and sure enough it wasnt, damn it. Well atleast its day so i dont have to worry to much about it as much. I decided to go back inside to and write down the strange events happening around here. It is now almost five-thirty. i wrote in my journal and walked around the forrest for awhile and came back to see claw marks on the kitchen sliding doors. I looked around and did not see any tracks anywhere that led to the sliding doors, not another soul around. I walked in my house shut and locked all the doors and windows. I went back to the kitchen and noticed the power had gone out. Damn, i thought to myself walking upto my room for my lantern. As got my lantern i could faintly hear whispers and tapping coming from behind me, they grew closer and the whispers became more gibberish. I quickly turned around with out thinking To see that nothing was there. I sat and waited still looking the same direction where the voices and sounds, i waited for what seemed like hours. As I turn away to head back to the kitchen I saw a tall dark figure hunched over turned away from me making strange unsettling sounds. I sat silently staring at it in horror as it was examining the strange substance that covered it's hands. I tried to move but upon doing so I knocked down the lamp on the small table at the end of the hall. I froze with fear as the creature instantly stood up and turned in my direction. It slowly wandered over sniffing and looking around me. It stopped and got in my face, I'm not sure what it's doing examining me maybe? A few moments later a tree outside the creature quickly ran through the broken glass sliding doors. I noticed the strange substance was still dripping from its hands leaving a trail behind it. Forgetting everything I followed the trail and the time suddenly went from sundown to midnight. I turned around to go back to get my lantern, my house had vanished and replaced with more trees. At this point I'm not sure how I should feel at this point. I looked down to check for my footprints but they were gone, nothing to be seen not even the trail of the strange substance from the creature.