0.9

So far my plan has worked. I have not ran into Julian all day. I went to the library and ate there during lunch. I took a different route in the hallway. I even got out of dance class today. I have to go clean a teachers room. Yes I'd rather have detention then see Julian today.

"Cora, you clean the desks," I was forcefully handed the Clorox wipes. "The other student will be in here in a few minutes." Oh good I won't be doing this alone.

"Sorry I had to clean other classrooms as well." I know that voice.

"No excuse Casey. Hurry up and start cleaning." I could hear foot steps getting closer and closer to me.

"Oh Cora," he looked surprised to see me. "Never thought I'd see you have detention. You've never been in trouble before."

I was shocked to hear that. Julian said I've always been feisty. I would have thought that would get me in trouble.

"I've never been in trouble?"

He shakes his head. "You are-were a goody goody." I laugh at his words.

For the next hour we cleaned the classroom. How can a classroom be this dirty? I found a dirty sock. This is a math room. I also found some green chalk dust but this room doesn't have a chalk board.

"Yuck." I gag as I close the trash bag. Finally we were done.

"This has to be the worse class room I've ever cleaned." Casey laughs.

"You do this a lot?" He nods in response.

The final bell of the day went off. Yes I made it all day without seeing Julian. I mentally high fives myself.

"Hey do you want to hang out," I turn to Casey and saw he was smiling. "I want you to get to know your ex." He laughs.

"Sure," I say. Maybe I can finally get my answer. Wait, I was in here for an hour with him and never once thought to ask..

We grabbed our bags and headed out the door. The hallways were clear and the only sound was our shoes hitting the tile. I love when I other students were around.

"My cars by the baseball field, which is that way." He points to a hall I've never been down. I nod an okay and follow him.

"Why have I never been down here before?" I asked myself out loud.

"Probably because this hallway is all supplies for sports. You never liked sports so you really had no need to go down here."

"But danc-"

"Oh Cora, I finally found you!" Oh no. I slowly look behind me. Julian and Jenny stood at the end of the hall.

"Hey we should really get going! Let's not waste anymore time here!" I say and start to walk faster. Casey joins my side and also walks faster.

"Cora!"

"Juju! Let's go! She's going with Casey."

"So where are we going?" I ask as I slide into the passenger seat. The black leather was polished and smelled like cologne.

"There's a place I used to take you all the time. When we were dating. It was your favorite place."He smiles and starts the car.

"Oh can I ask you why we-"

"I love this song!" He turns up the radio. I sigh and rest back into the seat.

The car ride was long and boring. No one talked and ads played on every station. I was so happy when the car shut off.

"We are here!" He cheered and quickly jumped out the car. I followed and looked around.

"A park?" I give him a weird look. My favorite place was a park?