New Dawn

It was tradition in the Winchester family, to have dinner together every Thursday, at exactly 6 o'clock, Mary, John, Sam and Dean would 'enjoy' a family dinner together.
"So, Dean, how did the meetings go, they went well, I assume?" John Winchester glanced up towards Dean expectantly. Dean avoided eye contact with his father, he's always been particularly intimidated by his standards. Dean was never allowed to fail, ever since he was small, if there was a single flaw in his actions, John Winchester would unleash all his seething hatred unto him. Like that one time Dean got 95/100 but Sam got 3 marks more...let's just say that he wasn't fit to go to school the next day. But that was normal, in every successful household laid the hands of a stone hearted businessman, who only saw children as a mere investment.
John Winchester widened his eyes, increasing the exposure of his threatening glares that hit Dean like a brick. He softly laid down his silver cutlery onto the hard oakwood dining table.
"You did close the deal, didn't you? We're getting that factory contract, isn't that correct?" He enquired patronisingly, leaning closer and closer, his eyes clawing deeper and deeper into his son. Dean retreated from his father shakily, he mustered up the courage to reply:
"N-no." Dean's eyes trailed to his feet, the only direction he would ever look. Down. Sam's eyes were locked onto Dean. To see his big brother getting beaten down for all of his life while he remained on the high pedestal with everything he could ever want? It was torture. For all these years Sam couldn't tolerate to see Dean with his tear stained rosy cheeks after his punishments, Dean never caught Sam peering over the corner, he never caught Sam's heart drop whenever he winced in pain when his mother tended to his wounds and was told to quieten down, just in case John Winchester heard him. Sam never caught himself falling in love with his big brother, what he did know, is that he couldn't bear to see Dean hurt like that ever again.
"-Dad. It's April 1942. I hope you remember.." Sam flew up from his varnished chair and stood inbetween his father and his brother, forming a barrier between them. He forced his father to shift his eyes to him.
"..that there's a GODDAMN WAR going on!" Sam roared and jarred John Winchester's fury towards Dean.
Sam was the favourite. Obviously. He was clearly the better investment, therefore, clearly the better son (according to John Winchester, at least). Really, it was just Dean. Dean was the perfect one, who protected Sam and carried Sam's mistakes as his own.As a result, Sam had better grades, better friends, better job..Better dad.
Dean fumbled with his hands for a few seconds before pushing his dining chair in and leaving dinner untouched, not without glancing back at his little brother fearfully.
Sam straightened his tie and held his head up high, looking down at his father. His footsteps towards his escape echoed through the dining room and each step pricked John Winchester's ego like a needle in his skin.
"SAM! Don't you dare leave this room or I promise you the consequences will be traumatic. How dare you talk to your own father like that!" John Winchester bellowed, his voice bounced off the walls and shot into Sam's ears. Sam turned around sharply and smirked, he glanced at his father, then his mother, who was stood politely next to her husband, terror painted across her face. Sam held out his hand for his mother who hesitantly took it and was pulled away from the mental clutches of John Winchester.
"I'll see you at the factory tomorow Dad, business as usual..as you know, I'm the heart of your business. You can't do anything to us. I've realised that now."
He slammed the door shut leaving his father in a fit of rage. It was a new dawn for the Winchesters. One that has overthrown the dictatorship of John Winchester.