Chapter Fifteen

This awesome banner was made by fandoms_untie so thank you so much for this! (:

Be sure to email me at Midika36@gmail.com with your banners, and username so I can give you a mention!

Word Count: 1923

~Thea

Stunned, I sat, frozen to the seat.

Jasper clambers out the car, slamming the door behind him. Instantly, the darkness of the freshly settled night swallows him whole, leaving me alone, only illuminated by the car light above my head.

The weight on the car roof is obvious, by the slight intents made on both the right and left side. Something big is above me, and I don't even want to consider what it might be.

Trying my best to catch a glimpse of where Jasper had gone, I try smother the spike of fear that bubbles in my stomach. Instead of being brave, I lean over and lock every car door, promising I would only let Jasper in.

A few moments passed us by. Each one was spent with my hands on my lap, fiddling with the empty chip back.

Whatever was on the roof is now gone. I can tell because the car doesn't shake and creak like it had done before. Had Jasper taken care of it?

Suddenly something hit the window right by my face. I wasn't looking at it, because I was too busy seeing if crumbs had been left over in the packet. But when I did jump, glancing to see what had threatened the structural integrity of the window, I see nothing but grass, dirt and...Blood?

I unbuckle my seat belt in case I need to make a getaway quickly, leaning away from the window. Please don't be Jasper's blood...

At one point of excruciating waiting, I even considered calling the police, although I thought against it. The last time I trusted the police, they nearly had me killed. Anyways, I doubt Jasper would want anyone interfering.

Alpha's can look after themselves...Right?

All of a sudden, the sound of the someone knocking on the window nearly made my heart stop entirely. It was Jasper, waving at me through the fogging glass. With a hand over my heart, I unlock the door for him to get in.

"Sorry about that," he mutters, closing the door after him.

I stare at him, and he looks as normal as ever, as if he hadn't just walked into the night around an hour ago. Maybe his hair is a little more ruffled, and his cheeks are tinted from the cool of the night, but other than that, it is still Alpha Jasper.

Until he cringes.

"What's wrong?" I ask, noticing the way his posture suddenly changed, as he favoured his side a little.

Watching as he lifts his shirt, a gasp escapes my lips. One large red, bleeding, raw cut edges his ribs, staining his skin, dripping down the frame of his torso. His flesh has been completely ripped into, exposed to the naked eye.

Blood has never really bothered me. Plenty of worse things then something that aids our survival. But seeing the red stuff trickling from a gaping wound was not pretty.

"What happened?" I splutter, dragging  my eyes up to Jasper's. His face is pale, his expression one of a grimace. He is in serious pain right now, and I can tell he doesn't want to admit that to me. However, I can hear his short breathes and faint groans of pain.

"It was a Phantom. One of those rogues from the gas station," he tells me, biting his lip hard as if to take away from the pain.

Swallowing the terror that has risen within me, I go to reach out to touch him...To do something. But instantly he shakes his head in protest, flinching away from my insistent fingertips as if they will inflict more pain than he is already in.