Chapter Eighteen

To Flowergirl80 Thank you for this amazing banner, I think it's so beautifully made, and I love the eye! (:

Banner submissions for Jasper are closed. Send your banners for Malik to @Midika36@gmail.com for an early chance to have you banner shown! (:

Word Count: 2457

~Thea

His fingers were only inches from touching me.

Had he touched me, I am not sure what would have happened. Was he advancing on the attraction between us? Was he going to pull me close and kiss me until I was out of breath? I had no idea...

And I didn't get the opportunity to know, before someone slapped their hands down on my shoulders.

The look on Jasper's face was what I saw first, as he retracted his hand. For a moment, it looked like he awoken from a trance, finally snapping back into reality. Then, he throws an angry look at the person behind me.

"Did I interrupt something?"

I wanted to yell yes. Because that voice belonged to Tayten, and I admit it really did annoy me that I didn't find out what Jasper wanted. Now, he seems to have recovered his senses, and it seems as if he isn't going along with his plan suddenly. 

Jasper shook his head slowly. "What do you want?"

Tayten moved around me until she was beside me, draping her arm over me. It seems to be her favourite thing to do.

"I just came to make you aware that I am going back home-"

Thank the Goddess...

"I'm not sure when I will be back...It depends on how things are back in time," she informs us. Jasper almost looks relieved by the idea of Tayten leaving, and honestly I am too. Now hopefully I can escape both her and stalker like Jasper.

Jasper wouldn't say a word me about what he was about to do in the kitchen as we drove toward the Desire Pack. After he promised he would tell me later, in a better situation, I didn't question it.

Quite frankly, I am nervous. The Desire Pack is not for the fainthearted.

"What should I expect there?" I ask Jasper, as we started to slip into the climate of that Pack. Rifts in the Pack Quarter climate are common, but due to the Desire and Love Pack proximity, the cold seeps into both their communities. The difference is that there is no snow where we are going. Just ice. Lot's of sleet and ice.

Jasper seems to think for a moment. "To put it bluntly, a lot of horny people."

I blanch at his words. Rumours of the Desire Pack spur obviously from its name. In school, we were told to watch out for old creatures who use magic to disguise themselves beautifully, luring people to use them for sex. Disgusting, but apparently the curse is as old as Phantom Wolves.

"Everyone?" I ask uneasily.

Jasper shakes his head. "Mainly the younger people. Sex is a way of life over there, a sport. If you find the right people, you could probably avoid those under the spell of their true nature."

Find the right people. I think I can do that.

Time passed quickly, with assistance from Jasper's powers. The downside was that instantly I was hungry, but that was washed away by the sight of the Pack we were approaching.

The distance between where Jasper's small community is, and the Desire Pack is small, but the drive still dragged us into the beginning of night. However, in this to our benefit. Everywhere you looked, bright lights lit up the entirety of almost every space. The sight was dazzling, as some flickered and while others sparkled. Never have I see anything like it.