Chapter 2

Vania POV

"You know, I think this place is running very low on the brothers quotient." Russ said, looking around. I was with the new ducks since Luis wanted to hang out more. So I just agree.

"Yeah. Hey, I want to know who this new Coach Orion is. My dad said that if I didn't like him, I could come right home." Julie said

"That's nice. My dad said I better stay in on scholarship or he'll whip my butt." Russ reply

"You know, I heard in the dorm that the guy played for the Minnesota North Stars... and got suspended for punching out his own coach." Luis butt is also looking around.

"You mean the Dallas Stars. I heard he punched out a fan." Dwayne reply

"I heard he was a Buddhist. You know, like Kung Fu or Richard Gere." Julie said

"Kung Fu wasn't a Buddhist. He was a Trappist monk." Kenny said

"Are you talking about the old Kung Fu or the Further Adventures of the New Kung Fu ?" Russ asked and I just laugh

"Y'all watch too much TV." Dwayne complain

"I agree" I said

"Shoot, that's the safest thing to do in my hood." Russ said.

We went to the front so they could show us where we should go. They took us to this auditorium.

We sat down. Luis wrapped his arm around me and kissed my temple.

"I love you Vania" he whispered in my ear. I just smile and kiss him on the jaw.

"Sometimes it's hard to look at you guys because you guys are disgusting and cute," Julie complained. I just laughed at her comment.

"Hey, you know what ? You Ducks don't belong here at Eden Hall." A voice said behind us. We all turn around

"What ?"Russ said, looking like he was ready to beat up someone.

"Hey, easy, Russ. They probably just think we're someone else." Dwayne said to Russ

"Um, I'm Dwayne. We're the new hockey team. And you are ?" Dwayne introduce himself putting his hand out to the guy

"Varsity. The only hockey team. State champs. You know, my little brother lost his J.V. slot when they brought you yo-yos in here." The guy put his gum in Dwayne's hand. I just made a disgusting face. "Well I don't mind this beautiful girl right here. What's your name? Mine is Riley" the guy leaning towards me. I just backed away from him.

"Her name is none of your damn business. Plus she has a boyfriend." Russ reply

"I'm her boyfriend so back off" Luis continued to grab a tight grip on me but not too tight to hurt me.

"And your brother probably wasn't good enough." Julie said not looking at him.

"See, that's my dad. He's gonna get the board to revoke your scholarships just you wait." Riley leaned towards me and Julie.

"That's your dad ? Nice outfit. Did it come with a yacht ?" Russ asked. Making us laugh.

They just mock our laughs. "You can know when someone mock someone laugh that means that they have nothing else to say." Russ said loud enough for Varsity to hear.

"Well we did mock your laugh well beside that beautiful girl with the pathetic boyfriend. "Riley said.

Luis stand up " Do you want a problem"

Riley was about to stand up but I pulled Luis down to sit down.

"It's not worth it," I said to Luis, holding his hand. Luis pulled me into a kiss.

"Welcome. Since its inception in 1903, Eden Hall Academy has taken great pride in its illustrious
tradition of excellence. Yet, as we approach the coming millennium, we dare not shrink from the specter of inevitable change." Buckley said

"What did he say?" I heard Dwayne asked Russ

"Something about a shrinking sphincter." Russ reply

"Shrinking sphincter" Dwayne whispered under his breath.

Russ turned to Julie and I. We both just giggled at his response.

"Thus, myself, the board, Tom Riley of the alumni association and Varsity Coach Wilson, who has led us to ten consecutive state championships, we have all made a change for the future. So, today, after much debate on both sides, we proudly open our doors via full scholarships to a truly gifted group of student athletes. So, will you please join me in giving a big, rousing Warrior welcome." Buckley was about to introduce us when we started to hear voices behind them. When suddenly the curtain fell and suddenly the Ducks popped out.

"Hi. We're the Ducks." Charlie said. Everyone just laughed at what he said.

"May the Ducks please go to my office. That's right down the hall going to your left." Buckley said into the microphone. We all just stand up. "When you're done with Buckley, why don't you pretty girl call me." Riley gave me a paper. I just threw it back to him and walked away. When the Ducks were finally in the office of Buckley. We were looking around.

"Hey, check it out. He knows Wayne Newton." Charlie pointed at a picture.

"Charlie, man, this is not a good start to our year." Kenny walked up to Charlie

"Don't worry, Kenny. These prepsters aren't gonna do anything to us. Check it out.
Antsville." Charlie pointed at the ants.

"You can learn a lot from ants. These Brazilian fire ants can teach you a lot about successful societal structure. Come here. You see there's one queen in there. The rest are dedicated worker ants. Everybody pulls their weight. Nobody complains. There's harmony and growth. Same here at Eden Hall. Only you are the workers, the backbone." Buckley pop out from the other side

"And you're the queen?" Russ asked and we all just laughed.

"Alright you guys will have the same classes since orders of Gordon. So here is your schedule. " Buckley gave a paper to Julie.