Chapter 2

Katniss pov:
"Hey katnip!" Gale said sitting on the bed next to me.

"Gale!" I said surprised to see him. "What happened?"

"You slapped haymitch so they put you to sleep until you got here."

"Where?"

"Katniss.....there is no district 12"

"What?"

"After you blew up the arena they dropped fire bombs over 12........... We had a two minute warning, I grabbed those around me, and we headed into the woods the way we always planned to go........but some didn't listen and they went down the center street. We saw them go off.......I could have saved more......but...."

"Is prim ok? And my mother?"

"They are fine."

I sighed a deep breath looking at the Celing, think of how much I hated snow right now.

"You can join us for meals when your ready catnip."

"Where are we?"

"In district 13"

"But that's impossible it was blown up in the war."

"they survived underground. Right now we are 17 levels down in the hospital ward."

The door opened

"Gale I was looking for you aren't you coming to lunch?" Prim said.

She looked so grown up and her hair was down, longer than last time. She was 15 now.

Her eyes looked over at me.

"Katniss!" Prim ran over to me throwing her arms around me.

"Hey little duck!" She blushed a little. But smiled back at me.

"Will you come to lunch?"

"I don't see why not?" I said.

I wanted to know if finniick would be there but I didn't want to hurt Gale.
I had been eager to talk to him, to how are relationship would be outside the games.

Prim and Gale left to the cafeteria. I changed into district 13s uniform, which was a grey jumpsuit.

I left the room walking down the hall towards the elevator. There was a lot of other people frantically walking as if they had somewhere to go.

Some whispered and pointed. "It's her!"

I tried to ignore them and made my way to the elevator.

"Name?" The elevator spoke.

"Katniss Everdeen" I said

A light turned green and the doors slid open. I walked in before the doors slid closed again. I didn't press any buttons, but it started moving down to the bottom floor.

They opened up to a large circular room filled with tables and people eating lunch. I looked up seeing and endless vision of the levels above.