Crystal

~Derik POV~

We walk over to the pen where the horses are. One catches my eye right away. She is a beautiful white horse with grey and black speckles all over, she has a black mane and tail. The other horse is brown and white with a black mane and tail. "Which one is mine?" I ask.

"Crystal, the grey one." Sam says smiling at me.

"Really?! I love her so much and her name is Crystal! Thank you so much Sam." I say giving him a hug.

"You're welcome. Now lets saddle them up so we can take them out for a ride."

Sam shows me how to saddle Crystal and he saddles his horse, Chestnut. I put the pretty blue bridle on Crystal and Sam puts the purple one on Chestnut, we attach the matching reins and walk them over to the hitching post. I've never gotten on a horse before so Sam shows me how to and helps me. Then he gets on his horse and explains how to steer her. "She usually stays right by Chestnut so you should be fine." He smiles at me. "Ready?" He says squeezing my hand then letting go.

"Ready!" I say.

We head onto a trail. It's so pretty, just endless trees and flowers. You can hear and smell a nearby river. I glance over at Sam from time to time, he's smiling. I'm so fascinated by everything that I'm smiling too, but his smile makes mine even bigger. After a while we stop so the horses can rest. We lay a blanket down on the ground and sit there, enjoying the weather.

Sam motions for me to come closer, so I do. He lays down. "Lay next to me." He says. I do and we cuddle for a while. I could lay here forever. Life is amazing right now and I never want this feeling to end .

"We should probably get going. I have another surprise for you." Sam says getting up and grabbing my hand to help me up.

We get back on the horse and head back to the stables. We unsaddle the horse and put the reins and saddles away in the barn. Then we get in the car and Sam starts driving.

I can't help but to stare at his eyes. He's just so amazing and is always making me smile. "Like what you see?" Sam asks with a giggle.

"Oh uh. Well yeah, I didn't think I was staring that much." I say.

"You were staring pretty hard. I didn't even have to look at you, I could feel your eyes on me."

"Oh sorry." I say messing with my hair.

"Don't be sorry. I love the way you look at me." He smiles.

~I'll post more tomorrow! Love you all 😘😊❤️