one

michael's pov

sunday morning, my eyes were red, the bags under my eyes black. I had spent all night watching netflix and peeping at the boy next door from time to time. he was weird, and never slept. at 2am he was up eating, at 4 he was playing on his guitar, or bass, i couldn't tell. i felt strange watching him, so i shut my curtains. but nothing could stop the feeling in my stomach i got when i saw him. 

i couldnt quite make out his features, he was slightly far away and i got mad at myself when i stared for too long. i took out my sketchbooks, maybe drawing could keep my mind off of him. i started a rough sketch of a boy i found on tumblr. boy next door, boy next door, boy next door, was all that was running through my mind. i groaned at shut my sketchbook. i needed to take a walk. this room was small, to small for the train of thought taking place in me right now. i stood up and glanced in the mirror. i immediately glanced away. insecure, and tired of myself, i trudged to my closet.

i grabbed a large hoodie and some black skinnies. i put on my black converse and placed the hoodie over my head. i havent been out my house in days, i dont know why i decided to go this morning.

i glanced at the clock, 11:00am .

i opened the door, then walked down the stairs and turned the corner. i bumped into my mom, my heart thumped in my chest. she gave me a beady eye, "where are you going?" she asked, liquor staining her breath. "a walk" i answered pushing past her. i knew she had a hangover, so i tried to avoid her at all costs. she nodded as i slipped past her. usually she would start ranting about how she hated me and how i was the reason my dad left us. the cool air hit my face as i melted away in the breeze. i began to walk, turning up the playlist on my phone. i watched myself take each step, i watched the leaves twirl in the wind like dancers, i watched the clouds fly over the sunlight; blocking out any source of warmth. my thoughts slowly began revolving about the boy next door. why was i so attached to him? he was definitely straight. i knew he was.

as i continued walking, i heard a shout behind me. "Abigail! come back here!"

i turned around, faced with a dog running towards me. i smiled as she slowed down once she got near me. i squatted down to pet her. my breath hitched when the owner came by. "sorry about that, she just ran out the door." he blushed, blinking away. my lips slightly parted into a smile as red took over my face. it was him. i was speaking to him, and he was speaking to me. "i-its fine" i managed to say.

he had the most perfect features, strong jawline, big brown eyes and full lips. to be frank, i couldn't wait to draw him. i drew nearly everyone,  so it wasn't weird, right?  

"im calum." he smiled. 

"michael" i answered, slightly nervous and scared of what he would think of me.

i loved his name. "i just moved in in that house."

"i know" i said, but immediately regretted it. he looked confused, i became red. "saw you moving in boxes." he nodded and put his dog back on his leash.  "nice meeting you."

"you too." i blushed as he began to walk away.

you too, i repeated in my head.

__________

-mya