Chapter 17

Riley
If I dull throbbing in my head was anything to go by I wasn't quite ready to open my eyes. I kept them squeezed shut and rolled over, pulling the comforter up and tucking it tightly around my neck as I curled up in a ball. That's when a realize something was wrong. The weight of the comforter felt strange and the pillow beneath my head as well. Something was digging into my chest, my bra, I was still wearing it along with my skirt. My eyes popped open and I recognized the pale blue wallpaper.

I wasn't at home, I was in Matthews hotel room, I craned my neck up over the thick comforter and looked around. The room was empty except for a briefcase on the desk, a phone charger sticking out of it plug on the other side of the bed.
I heard the sound of a room key slip in the door, I scooted back under the covers as quickly as I could and turned my back toward the door leaving my face exposed just enough so I could breathe while I  tried to figure out what the hell was going on.

Whatever sleepiness I felt moments ago evaporated as I strained to listen to the set of feet moving across the carpeted floor. A moment later lucas was standing on my side of the bed with a sheen of sweat coating his rippling abs. "Morning, sleeping beauty" he said as he smiles. I was sure then that pit in my guts would shallow me whole. "How did you sleep?" He asked as he blending over, his light brown hair was wet and he was glowing. "Like dead apparently" he smiled and walked away, I sat up pulling the sheets under my armpits to keep my chest covered. "Oh, do you know where my shirt is?" He raised his eyebrows and took his iPod strap off his muscular arm. "The one you threw in my face last night?" I swallowed, I watch him as he pull two water bottles out and heading over, blending to grab a shirt from the floor on his way, he stopped at the edge of the bed and threw the water and the shirt next to me.

I glanced at the other side of the bed as I reached for them, my throat closing up at the realization that we must've slept together. "You don't remember" he said, his mouth curling up into a smile now. "I feel bad enough right now"he nodded. "I bet" I raised my eyebrows at him. "Why did I throw my shirt at you anyways?" He set down his water bottle on edge of the bed. "Well, I never sleep with a shirt on" he said. "Or exercise apparently" I said using all my energy to keep from feasting my eyes on the perfect trail of chest hair before me. "You're so sweet to notice, but anyways I took my shirt off last night, you burst out laughing before taking yours off, swinging it over your head, and throwing it in my face." My eyes grew wide.

"Then what?" He smile more. "I help you giggle your way into bed and then you were out a few seconds later" I squinted at him. "That's it" he nodded and cocked his head. "Are you disappointed?" I nodded "yes, in myself" I pull my shirt back on and yanking it down to where my black skirt was bunched around my waist. "And if you thinking th wrong way about what happen, I'm not that kind of guy that takes advantage of women get into a state like that" I bit the inside of my cheek as I nodded. "Oh the charlie or Adam or whatever the fucking as creepy creep creep is called, he offered to look after you at least a fucking dozen time" I nodded as my eyes traced the muscles in his back as he spread his leg and stretched for his toes.

"What does that say about you?" He stood up and stretched one arm across his chest. "I wouldn't put my hands on you unless it was what you wanted" I hung my head, I stared at my clasped hands, I didn't want him to think of me less and I hated I thinking about how sloppy I must been to take my shirt off and dance around his hotel room. "Where was maya when you were saving my ass?" He streched his over arm across his pecs. "Getting a little busy in the action upstairs." I nodded as i chuckle a little bit.

My eyes dropped to the way his loose black shorts hugged his fucking ass as he walked into the bathroom. "I'm glad I was there to make sure you were okay!" He yelled, I dropped my feet to the floor and followed after him. "You know I appreciate what you did and everything but I would have been fine if you-" I froze in the bathroom doorway, lucas was standing there on the rug in front of the sink with his shorts and underwear down beside his foot, I saw everything before it even occurred to me to look away, he continued to reach for his towel beside him unable unable to hide his amusement at my timing. "You should close your mouth before I get the wrong idea sweetheart" I closed my mouth and cover my eyes with my hand. "I'm sorry oh my god I didn-"

"Don't worry about it, it nothing you haven't seen before" when I dropped my hand, the white towel was firmly around his hips, just below the sinful v that had led my eyes straight to his dick moments earlier. "Besides, for how many times you told me last night that you didn't find me very attractive, I'm surprised you're blushing at all" I shook my head, he shot me a look just long enough to make my stomach flip, I fell against the doorframe and dropped my forehead against it.