02⎜california

song for chapter  2

|| lights ; lol & novaa ||

▬▬▬✧▬▬▬

Fashion fades, only style remains the same.

- Coco Chanel

▬▬▬✧▬▬▬

|| 2 ||

"Good morning!"

I squirmed as Brielle yelled in not so much as a hundred decibels into my ear. Not surprisingly, she always does this to me when we have sleepovers. So you can imagine how grouchy I am every time that happens. Normally, Duke wakes me up in this early hour. Although, since he and Kendra got together, our sibling bonding time became more girlfriend time for him and more third wheeling time for me. The last time we just sat down and talked was about a month ago. Is this seriously how life is when your only brother has a girlfriend? I guess I understood how people in my situation feel now.

In a busy town like New York city, people thrived on being woken up by their alarm clocks, but in LA, it was a completely different story. At least for me anyway.

I swatted her.

"Go Away Brie!!"

She laughed "It's time for school Ashlyn, you have to eat and get changed."

ughhh

"Fine!"

I trudged down the stairs and looked at the clock, six o'clock. I have an hour to do all those things.

Once I came into the kitchen, it was empty, Duke and Kendra probably went to school minutes ago. I went to the fridge and grabbed a container of pasta salad. Then, walking to our Keurig machine, I made myself some tea.

"Do you always eat salad?" Brielle asked, eyeing my salad suspiciously.

"Yup, if I have a lot of time though, I usually make a proper breakfast, and to be clear, it's a pasta salad."

She rolled her eyes and picked up a granola bar from the kitchen island and poured herself a glass of water from the fridge.

"I know that." I laughed.

When we finished breakfast, I told Brielle to take a shower in the guest room while I took one in my bathroom. Once finished with my bath, I went to my walk-in-closet and picked out my clothes .

I grabbed a dirty blue denim shirt, black skinny jeans that were ripped at the knees, and light tobacco suede and gold metal ankle boots.

I made my hair, that was currently in its natural beach waves, into a top knot. I then applied a bit of concealer, powder, eye liner, red lipstick, and some bronzer. I also added a little bit of gold eyeshadow in the corner of my eyes for a little pop of color, or maybe I did it to not look like the Walking Dead.

I walked out of my bedroom to see Brielle in a Balmain logo cotton jersey sweatshirt, a charcoal skirt and gold pumps.Her makeup was only composed of a purple lip. She also wore a pair of black sunglasses. Whereas, I wore a white gold watch and a gold chain choker.

"Hey Ashlyn, you're looking gorgeous!" I smiled.

"Thanks, you too. Let's go!" she nodded.

I grabbed my black backpack and black Chanel sunglasses as Brielle got her black shoulder bag, then we headed to my Range Rover Evoque to be in time to school.