The last Siren *Edited*

I was born into a wealthy family with responsibilities. My father, King Triton was known as a heartless man. He took control of the entire underwater kingdom, that was soon be mine once I come to age.

I run the family taking care of my seven sisters. Since I was the rightful princess to take the crown after my father, I was never aloud outside the castle walls. The people in the kingdom have never seen my face only know my name and my title, Serena Angelina Oceania, the princess mermaid.

But there was another reason why I was hidden from the outside world. My life. It's at risk because somebody is after me. They think I'm a threat, just because I'm different then the others. They call me a Siren. There are hunters after me planing to use my powers. But that's only if they catch me. They hope I will help them lure humans and other supernatural creatures into the water.

There are many stories about my kind. Some true others lies. Yes I am beautiful. One of the true legends. I also look very different than the others in sea. "Normal" mermaids, are described as pale, blonde and blue eyed. I on the other hand, have bright green eyes, short dark hair and hold a dark tan. But looks don't make a queen, your personality does.

I have been trained to become to the picture perfect queen. Sitting up straight. Always looking my best. Smiling. Being patient with others. And most of all, showing kindness to all.

Although being a princess has some issues, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Protecting my people and helping them is what I live for. I will always do what's best for my Kingdom.

•••
I swam into the dinning hoping to see my loving family. I heard the yelling before I even entered the room. I couldn't help but smile. A loving family indeed.

"Your such a jellyfish Crystal, how dare you steal my comb!" Nessia screamed throughout the castle, I giggled as I watched my two youngest sisters have their morning battle. Life just wouldn't be the same without it.

"It isn't my fault, I thought it was mine!" Crystal screamed back. I sighed knowing this wasn't going to end anytime soon. I swam over to the two, hoping not to get hit in the process.

I hated to act like the mature one, it made me feel older than I was.

"How old are to? You girls are not in kindergarden anymore. Stop this childish behavior before dad comes. He will not appreciate royalty acting like the clown fish. Remember the punishments."

The authority in my voice was clear. They knew better than to disobey me. And fathers punishments for acting like a fool was nothing to mess around with.

Frighten by my threat, they both bowed there head murmuring somthing under there breathe before quickly swimming away.

In that moment, I thought about my mother and what she would have done in my situation. She was very wise and I missed her terribly. She died a couple years ago protecting me.

I felt the water around me change signaling that the king wanted me. I wiped away a stray tear that had found its way out of my eye. And straightened my posture, and faked a smile. Duty calls.

I entered the throne room with guards surrounding me. The look of disappointment crossed my fathers face when he meet my eye. He pointed to a chair, telling me to sit.

The meetings atmosphere was chilling. I felt my fathers cold gaze on me. He needed to talk and it was serious. Looking around the room I received the message loud and clear. Soldiers filled the room and maps were spread around.

And as my sisters Melody, Pearl and Aqua entered the room with tear stained faces. It was confirmed.

They were coming for me.