Chapter Two: Past, nightmare & new world?! ☽

Now, darkness welcomes me as I slowly open my eyes, realising that I am lifelessly sitting against a stiff wall near the storage. In this enclosed space, I gaze off into the pitch-black while sniffing at the familiar scented laundry detergent of my clothes. I rethink what has happened an hour ago; I remembered introducing myself to the class and all of sudden, the students were snickering at me while throwing unknown objects at me. Anxiety took control over my vulnerable body. The world was hazy. The traumatic past promptly recalls in my mind, I can see myself vividly as a younger, innocent primary student who loved to smile and communicate with people through signing. My mind was filled with rainbows, love and happiness. Until, the evils stole my soul. I lost everything. I remember sitting still in the dark corner of the classroom watching the clock ticking by with my pale face burrowed in my lap.

 I remember sitting still in the dark corner of the classroom watching the clock ticking by with my pale face burrowed in my lap

I truly believe I am a victim with a prominent ugly scar etched in my mind. Why me? My chin trembles and drips of liquids pour down my cheeks. I feel my hand reaching for the light switch. Instead, the tips of my finger meet a frosty surface with wavy-smooth texture, curiously encouraging my arm to move. It automatically unlocks and a glimpse of wind gently kisses my face, sending chills down my spine. My body feels peculiarly relaxed with my arms and legs widely-spread out, touching the fluffy substance and the world beneath me is moving tranquilly. In the corner of my eyes, a polished-white marble appear with the stairs that reflecting the colour of sky. My legs step forward and it continually leads me to the bottom of the world.

As my feet meet the warm surface, a trillion molecules of Earth's minerals softly massage my feet. The fireworks spark in my body as my head whips around to the sound of the surroundings. My pupils dilate at the view of the transparent waves crawling to the sandy beach and the tropical rainforests with a rainbow of flowers winking at me. My mouth widely-opens, catching the rawness of salts. I hear the waves whoosh to the shore, the squishy noise of my feet digging into the sand and the whispering of the wind. The liquid forms in my eyes; my mouth widely-stretches to my ears. For the first time in my entire life, I hear the sounds. I skip cheerfully and dance along with the sounds.

I finally escape, the silence....

--------------------------

Heya peeps!! This is my second chapter of the short story and I hope you'll like it so far~~ :) What do you think it will happen next? And, where is she?

This is exactly how an isolated-Deaf person feel in a world of hearing people as Deaf people are different due to having a hearing disability and often judged/misunderstood by people as, 'dumb' or 'can't do things'. Yes, Deaf people cannot hear but we are capable of doing anything, except hearing!! This is exactly how I felt when I was younger, especially in primary school. I was isolated for my 'hearing disability' and I remembered being extremely lonely at lunchtime because I was constantly rejected by my classmates I wanted to befriend. It was very tough, but now I have more than one best friend and friends. I'm now so much happier than I was in back then. Just believe in yourself and you can do it, although it's very hard to believe in yourself. Yes, I know how y'all feel, so don't worry.

HEHEHEHEH :D

Love from, Violetdirectionerx