Une Année

"Une Année" is the first full length studio album by South Korean girl group A Pink. It was released on May 9, 2012 and contains nine new songs. The album marks the final release for member Yookyung. "Une année" means "one year" in French.

The album was released on May 9, 2012.

Two of the songs from the album, "I Got You" and "Up to the Sky", were made in collaboration with Joker. The group also worked with well-known lyricist and producers such as Shinsadong Tiger, Super Changddai, and Kim Geonwoo.[citation needed]

In an interview the group said that they wanted to show their different charms and that they can appeal to other people as well.

The first single from the album, "April 19th", was released as a digitally on April 19, 2012. The song was used as special gift for their fans for celebrating one-year anniversary of their debut. The track was composed by Kim Jin Hwan, and the lyrics were personally penned by A-Pink leader Park Chorong. The fresh pop-ballad highlights the girls’ developed vocal talent, and the modernized harmony and dynamic chorus further adds charm to the song.

The title track of the album, “Hush”, is a flirty song and has a catchy pop instrumental, the track and concept allows the group to show a more mature side. In the song, the girls send a message of encouragement to everyone out there who dreams of a sweet love story, but is too afraid to confess their bashful feelings.

The third single, "Bubibu", was released digitally on July 6, 2012. The single was chosen through an online poll that the group ran through Mnet's website where they asked fans to choose the track for their follow-up promotions. Fans were able to choose between “Bubibu” and “Cat“, where the song won 87.8% of the votes. The single version is a remix of the song from the album.

In order to promote the album, the group performed the title track, "Hush", on several music programs starting at M! Countdown on May 10, 2012. They also made weekly appearances to perform the song on KBS's show Music Bank and SBS' Inkigayo. To kick off their promotions for the album they also performed the songs "One Year Anniversary", "April 19th", and "Bubibu" on these music programs. The group eventually concluded this promotional cycle on the June 29th episode of Music Bank.[citation needed]

The group resumed promotions on early July by making more weekly appearances on several music programs and performing, "Bubibu", their third digital single from the album.

The video teaser for the title track, "Hush", was released on May 7, 2012, while its music video premiered on May 8.