Chapter 37

•Grayson's POV•

I laughed when I saw Riv blush. Guess she's not used to someone as big as me.

I change into a sweatshirt and some sweatpants then go back into Riv's room.

She was sitting up on the bed, she looked lost in her thoughts. When she saw me her face went pale.

I walked over to the bed and got under the covers and tried to pull her into my chest, but she resisted.

"What's wrong?" I ask, sitting up next to her.

She pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, leaning her head on her knees.

"I've just been thinking..." she says, trailing off.

"About what?" I ask, wrapping my arm around her.

"I- um, never mind." she says, getting under the covers.

I get under them next to her and wrap my arms around her waist.

"When will you tell me?" I whisper in her ear.

I felt her shiver.

"Tomorrow, maybe never." she whispers back.

I squeeze her. She winces. I let go of her waist.

"Did I hurt you?" I ask, worryingly.

She sits back up (again) and throws the covers off her. She looks at her arms.

I could see blood through the bandages. Damn it, I squeezed her arm too tight.

"I'm sorry..." I say, grabbing her hand and getting out of bed, leading her to the bathroom.

"We should probably change these anyway." I say, doing the same thing I did yesterday.

I lift her up and sit her on the counter. I take the gauze out from the cabinet, then look up at her for permission.

She nods at me and I cautiously unwrap the arm that was bleeding. I still forgot how heart breaking it is to see the permanent lines dug into her skin.

I feel tears start to form in my eyes but I quickly blink them away.

I get a wet rag and dab it on her delicate skin. She winces slightly and I go softer.

Once the blood was wiped away, I unwrapped the other one. They seemed to be healing very well. I smile up at her.

"Their healing." I say.

She smiles, but it looks fake.

I look back down at her arms and grab the left one, brings her forearm up to my lips and kissing it softly, not missing a single scar. I repeat on the other arm.

I look back up at her and she's crying by this point.

"Babygirl don't cry..." I say, embracing her in my arms.

She whimpers into my chest.

"Shh it's ok, it's ok." I whisper in her ear.

She lets go and wipes her tears away.

"I'm sorry I cry so much." she says.

"It's ok princess, you're going through a lot. It's good to get your feelings out.

I wrap her arms up and when I'm finished, I kiss her head softly. I look up at her.

We lock eyes.

"I love you." she whispers.