Chapter 5

"Niall!" I cried, leaping into his hug. I missed my brother so much. He is two years younger than me. After my older brother, Greg, moved away, our family hadn't been the same.

"Cassidy, I have missed you so much. Mom hasn't been the same, Dad doesn't care as usual. Driver hasn't shit since you've been gone." Niall whispered in my ear. My mom jumped in my arms, with my dad following along.

"Darling, I'm so sorry about your engagement plans. Liam was such a good man." My mother whimpered in my ear.

"Get out of my sight, Cassandra. I don't want anything to do with you. You can stay here for one night, then I want you outta here." My father rumbled.

"Bob. You have no right to speak to our daughter like that. She can stay here as long as she would like, do you understand me?" My mom snapped at dad. He rolled his eyes,

"C'mon, I will go get your tea warmed." Mom said with a straight face. She grabbed my hand and we walked into the kitchen.

***

Harry's P.O.V.

I sat in my Tahoe, waiting for Cassidy to get back. Right now, she was probably opening presents with her precious little family. Two days ago, I shouldn't of told her I wanted to fuck her. I walked into my condo, and stared at my tv. Only thinking of her.

She is so beautiful, it kills me to see her cry. The two times I have hugged her, it makes me hard. I really just want to sex her in her office, or even here. Cassidy is the only woman I have ever thought about getting pregnant. I could bring her to meet my family, fuck her in the Sybarrus, then sleep naked with her. I needed to take this one slow. My mother warned me that only the girl i truly loved, can be introduced to her. I wanted Cass to be mine.

The only reason I tell her she isn't my type, is because I'm so embarrassed. Everyone at work calls Cass and Perrie "the witches". They aren't wrong, but I'm falling in love with the bitch.

She is now twenty three years old, the same age as me, I turn twenty four in February. I want to rush into a relationship with her, but I've got to be an idiot to think she'd cope with me.

***

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"Niall, thank you very much!" I exclaimed while I tore open a package. It was a pair of white and black stilettos from Guess. I jumped up to hug my brother.

"Your welcome, Cass." Niall replied, as I handed him my gift to him. He opened it carefully,

"Tickets to the Laker's game, vip!" Niall exclaimed, then hugged me tightly, "thank you!"

"Yep."

"Cass, why don't you open your last one?" Mom questioned, handing it to me. I tore it open slowly and steadily. It was a picture of Dad wrapping his arms around Greg and Mom,while I kissed her pregnant belly, with Niall inside.

"Mom, thank you." I cried, "When is Greg coming back?"

"He is in the military, so about three months he will return home." my mother balled, we all missed him and feared he would be killed in a shooting or a bombing.

***

On Christmas night, I went to bed early. I found myself calling Harry.

"Hey, are you awake?" I spoke softly into the phone.

"Yeah, when are you coming back to Chicago?" Harry's raspy voice asked.

"Tomorrow morning, why?" I asked.

"I will pick you up. What time?" Harry demanded.

"Nine thirty." I replied, kicking my pants off.

"Okay. so what are you doing?" Harry asked, curiously.

"Getting my pajamas on. What are you doing?" I asked playfully.

"Thinking of you. Do you want to have dinner at my place tomorrow?" He asked.

"Harry, listen. I don't know if I'm ready for another relationship right now. I just got out of a long term relationship and it's hard, so I need time. Please." I explained to him.

"Of course, but...we can still hang out and get to know each other better, right?" he assumed.

"Yeah, I need a good friend." I smiled.

"Goodnight Cassidy."

"Goodnight Harry."