Trip to the Park | Julian Jara

This is for my friend Karen who told me I should do this book in the first place.

Me and my friend, y/f/n were hanging out at my house. We got really bored so we wanted to go out.

"Where do you want to go first," I asked.

"Oh what about Starbucks," she responded with excitement. "Okay," I responded with a slight laugh. We began walking to the nearest Starbucks to my house. After walking for about five minutes I was glad we finally arrived at Starbucks. I went to order our drinks when I noticed a really cute guy in front of us with black hair and faded blonde tips. He was so cute, and dressed really nice. He turned around and caught me staring at him. I started blushing and turned around to face y/f/n.

"Oh my gosh, that guy just caught me staring at him," I whispered to her. "Go talk to him," she pushed. "No I'm too scared to," I said to her. After he was done ordering he left to another guy who looked just like him at a table to wait. I was guessing it was his brother. After we ordered our drinks we decided to wait at a table for the two of us. Every time I looked over I kept seeing the guy look over at me. I started to get an uncomfortable feeling as if they were starting to talk bad about me. I was distracting myself by talking to y/f/n about some important school assignment. Their drinks were called and they soon left. Shortly after, ours were called as well. We decided to go to the park to just hang out and walk around for a bit. We made our way to one of the benches when we saw the guys again.

"Y/f/n they're here!" I said to her scared. "Karen oh my gosh it's meant to be go say something," she said with enthusiasm shoving me. "I cant, what would I even say!" I said thinking of the worst case scenario.

"You'll be fine," she said pulling my arm in their direction. They were by the swings talking to one another, but I don't think either of them saw me yet. "I can't do this." I ran on top of the play structure and hid in the opening of the slide. "Karen you are doing this one way or another. So you're gonna do this the easy way or the hard way," she said sternly. "Please y/f/n, I can't do it," I pleaded.

"Fine, hard way it is."

Next thing I knew I was being pushed down the slide. I yelled on my way down as I stumbled and hit the hard wood chips at the bottom. I looked up and saw both of their stares on me. I got up and fixed my clothes while dusting off the wood chips. "I'm so sorry, my friend just pushed me down." I turned away blushing immensely from embarrassment.

"Wait, wait up." I turned around and saw the one I had thought was really cute from before face to face. "What's your name," he asked me with a cute smile.

"Uhmm..Karen," I said putting a piece of hair behind my ear. "Oh, I'm Julian..I saw you at Starbucks earlier and I uhh..thought you were really cute but I was kinda nervous to talk to you and I promised my brother that if I saw you would talk to you," he said nervously scratching the back of his head.

"Oh well my friend actually wanted me to talk to you too cause I had thought you were cute," I said giggling nervously. He took a deep breathe as if a weight was lifted off his shoulders. "Then can I maybe get your number and go out somewhere," he asked. "Of course," I said. I gave him my number. Even after a year me and Julian have been going strong.