Throughout the Years | Julian Jara

Age 5

You were at the park with your mom. You  loved going to the park a lot. Your favorite part of the park were the swings. You loved how the wind felt as your short hair bounced through it the higher you went. You were swinging back and forth for a while. You heard an ice cream truck in the distance. You got off the swing set, and ran toward your mom as fast as your little legs could go. 

"Mommy! Mommy, can I please please please get ice cream," you asked jumping up and down, pointing at the library. "Okay, but you have to bring me back the change," she told you. You agreed,and ran to the ice cream truck, along with the other kids at the park. When you were at the ice cream truck you saw two other little boys that looked pretty upset. You walked closer them to ask why. You hated to see people sad. 

"Why are you not getting ice cream," you asked them both. "Our mom said no," they replied sadly. "What are your names," you asked. "I'm Julian," one said. "And I'm Jovani," the other said. They dropped their heads, and you felt bad. "Well my mommy gave me extra money, do you want some to buy ice cream," you asked. Their faces lit up instantly. "I'm y/n by the way," you introduced. You smiled at them, and took each one of their hands and walked to the truck. After ordering your favorite ice cream, and getting back your money, you ran to your mother to give her the change. When you gave her the money, the two boys and their mother walked up to you and your mother. 

"Hi I'm Gloria and I think my boys would like to say something to your daughter," she looked down at them, signalling them to talk. "Thank you for buying us ice cream," they said thanking you with the biggest smile. Both of your moms were talking about you guys, meanwhile you and the boys went off to play. You were running around all over the playground for hours. You were taking turns going down the slide, when the boys stopped at the top of the slide whispering to each other. You ran to the top where the boys sat. They both looked at you quietly. 

"Why are both so quiet," you asked them. Jovani started giggling to himself. "Julian said he thought you were pretty," Jovani teased. "No I didn't," he shouted at Jovani shoving him. You started blushing, and so did Julian. Without thought, you leaned in and kissed Julian on his lips. "Eww," Jovani said in childish disgust. You and Julian were quiet for a short moment. After that, you grabbed Julian's hand and were with each other the rest of the time there. 

Age 10

You and the boys were the best of friends. Ever since the day at the park, you had been inseparable ever since. You would have sleepovers, play video games, and would go on family trips together sometimes. When you heard that they were going to be transferring to your elementary school, you were so happy. Now you guys could spend every moment together. On their first day at your school you heard that they'd be in your class. When they walked in you went up to them and gave them both huge hugs. People were confused as to how you knew them and kept looking at you. There was no empty seats by you, so they had to sit by Rachael, a girl who would always tease you. You didn't know why she hated you, because you had hardly talked to her. When the boys sat next to her her eyes lit up. Especially toward Julian. She kept looking at him with a lovingly stare. It kinda made you a bit jealous, but you didn't know why because you and Julian were just best friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Jovani thought you liked Julian though, but you always said you didn't and saw him like a brother. At recess, you and the boys went to the play structure to play. After a while some boys went up to Jovani and asked him if he wanted to play soccer with them. He gave you a questioning look, you smiled at him letting him know it was okay to go. Jovani gave you a quick hug and went with the boys. You were kind of sad your best friend left, but you still had Julian with you. 

"Y/n I need to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back, okay," he told you before leaving. You were sitting at the play structure alone for a while, waiting for Julian to return. You saw Rachael climb up the stairs of the play structure with her friends, giving you a dirty look when she saw you.