Chapter Seven// Deep Panic

"Nick?" Finn yells, frantically searching for the pill bottle. He didn't find it in the bathroom, nor his bedroom, and he's rushing down the stairs. "Where are the pills?" He yells, his breath getting choked up within his throat.

Dashing to the couch and in front of him, he repeats the question, as Nick stares in concern. "Where are the pills, Nick?" He reiterates, the fear within his words drastically rising. The pills are reflectants; they help reduce the pain and they help stop a major reaction. They are almost resilient tools, trying to keep Finn from suffering tremendously. Like an inhaler to asthma, except much more repetitive.

"Mom thought you took them already, and she's getting them renewed. She'll be back in about half an hour." He explains this calmly, not comprehending the situation at hand. "Nick, I didn't take them! I have to take them at eight, every single night, but I didn't!" Finn starts to hyperventilate, knowing that his forgetfulness could really hurt him. "I forgot, Nick."

Finn stands up and his eyes widen. "Fuck!" He whisper-yells, dialing their mom's number. But when we hear mom's ringtone to her phone in the other room, Nick hangs up instantly. "Okay, Finn. Has this ever happened before?" He interrogates urgently, and Finn starts to feel his head go foggy. He nods slowly.

"Okay, um..." He grits his teeth in complete and utter fear. Fear for his little brother, having an attack from his illness. "What happened, Finn? Did you just get knocked out, did you have to get hospitalized, what happened?" Finn's breathing gets quicker and heavier, his head's spinning and he feels dizzy. His bones and muscles feel like their on fire, and he's lacking what he needs. Oxygen, he can't properly breathe.

Nick grabs Finn's shoulders to keep him upright, a crucial thing to make him stay awake. "I'm calling 911, Finn! Okay? Just, just hang in there, hang in there, Finn. All right? Got it? Just- just...

• • •

Millie bolts home as fast as possible, but she knows she's going to be late; where they currently live is much farther than eight minutes, walking.

I'm so screwed, she internally chastises herself, not slowing down her pace as she runs. A heavy shroud of panic sets on her shoulders and inside her head as she tries to process this fact. She's in some deep shit.

"Okay, just... run!" She yells to no one in particular, as her feet hit the hard pavement with erratic thumps. They repeat over and over in her head as her blood boils and the guilt builds up within her. Soon enough, her breath becomes short and she can taste some blood at the back of her throat. It's this same routine and pattern for this rushed night, and it feels like a thousand minutes before she reaches her front door and opens it.

She's about to step inside, before she hears the blaring of an ambulance, startling her half to death. But, stepping inside and seeing her mom and dad with their arms crossed and stern expressions lets her know that her prediction is right. She's screwed.

(Double update, whaaaa? I'm sorry, another awful chapter... let me know what you think, feedback and such, you know the drill. ;) Love you guys, thank you so much! ❤)