Monophobia

They say you shouldn't make promises you won't be able to keep. Even though it might spare someone's feelings or make them do better things, many people live their lives as lies working towards their goals they might never even reach in the first place. Everyone bases the things they do off of a promise they made or were once told. People cling to their false promises without even realizing or caring that they're basing their dreams on lies

Yuuri Katsuki and Viktor Nikiforov were taking a small break from their daily practice at the rink. Talking about various useless things. Even though they were useless, they still cherished every moment they had together. They stay quiet for one blissful happy moment, breathing in the surrounding salty air of the beach. 

That is until Makkachin decides to chase a couple of seagulls, barking at them like they're a threat. The seagulls take flight, flying away from Makkachin. However, he decides to continue chasing them at full speed and ends up ramming into Viktor causing him to fall over into the water. There's a short pause before Yuuri bursts out laughing.

Viktor stands and puts his arms out, dripping with ocean water. Viktor glares at Yuuri and throws the dripping water at Yuuri, getting him wet. Yuuri laughs and puts his hands up in defense. Viktor smiles and hugs Yuuri, getting him even wetter. Makkachin sits next to his owner wagging his tail and panting.

The two skaters sit down on the cool sand staring out at the ocean as the waves fall over each other.

"Yuuri" Viktor says as he softly caresses Makkachin's soaking brown fur "I want to get to know you better. What are you afraid of?" He continues, stealing a glance at the younger skater. Yuuri stays silent for a second, too afraid to tell Viktor because he think's he'll laugh at his absurd fear. He carefully rubs his wrist "Promise you won't laugh?" Yuuri says and shifts uncomfortably and pulls his knees up to his chest, adjusting his glasses.

"Of course" The older man replies, looking over at him. Yuuri breaths in slowly "I'm.. I'm afraid of being alone.." Yuuri says as he looks down at his bare feet, burying his toes in the sand. Viktor's eyes slightly widen, obviously not expecting him to say that. He quickly blinks away his shock and regains his composure, glancing at the teary-eyed boy sat next to him. Viktor gently grasps Yuuri's hand, taking it up to his face and kissing it.

"Yuuri, you mean the world to me, I promise I'll never leave you." Viktor says as he smiles, looking directly into Yuuri's big, brown eyes.

Yuuri knew he was lying.

But he still smiled.

Sorry babes, this was much longer but Wattpad decided to crash so this is a half-assed remake<3
I hope it's ok tho
btw
Makkachin (T ^ T)
Word count: 458
Based off of this 'He looked at me and said "baby you mean the world to me" I knew he was lying, but I still smiled' ; ))