0.2

Have You Ever Met a Rich White Boy?

...

I see them in almost, key word being almost, every teen fiction. You know 'em, you love 'em, rich white boys who for some reason are all always portrayed as brooding and mysterious when in fact real life rich white boys (especially in high school) wear pink shorts and expensive watches and yell at their mom, and have at least three hype men at all time. 

Don't even make me go down the path of when they get older. They either throw extreme parties while their parents are out of town or they throw posh parties with sweaters around their necks while chatting and playing polo. 

Okay, maybe that's a little extreme (but kinda true). I go to a majority white male school so the majority of my friends are white males and if they have a lot of money they sort of flock together and wear shorts in the winter time, don't get me wrong they're extremely attractive, but far from quoting Shakespeare and telling girls that they mean everything to them. I'm pretty sure they're still trying to get girls to let them go to third base, if I'm honest. 

But, okay, let's say you do get that special guy who's sweet and well versed in poetry and doesn't talk to anyone and just kind of hangs by himself. Nobody is dubbing him the school's heartthrob or bad boy; more accurate things he's going to be called 'weirdo' 'creep' 'school shooter', and that is simply true because high school. Now, let's say he's rich and because this is nine times out of teen teen fiction we're talking about he's insanely attractive for no reason not a scar or blemish on that 'godly' face of his; Are you seriously trying to tell me that no girl is going over there and trying to flirt...hell, nobody is scouting this kid for modeling??

But what really makes me laugh is when the author makes it seem like smoking cigarettes is just the worst thing that these little rich fuckers can get there hands on. They don't even delve into pills and cocaine (dude, where the blow?), or hell, even weed; drugs in stories is like a whole other topic for something completely different. 

All in all I'm just asking you to tell it like it is. I just don't understand the point of trying to water down the truth like we don't all already know it. Tell me, what magical high school where everybody is conscious of everyone's feelings, nobody does any hardcore drugs, nobody's pregnant or has an STD, there's never any juicy gossip or tea (unless it's whispers about the mysterious bad boy), and all the boys look like they just stepped straight out of vogue (except the guy who flirts with the guy's romantic interest for tension)??

So you guys tell me, what are the rich/preppy white guys at your school like? Do you have mysterious brooding hotties??

- GURU.