0.1

What ever happened to Elliott??

...

I miss guy characters that make me laugh. Like I feel like authors have gotten sucked up into making this super angsty, annoyingly clingy and possessive guys and they're only in high school. I don't know if they've never hung around guys or if they refuse to acknowledge the way they really are, but let me shine some light on a couple of things guys talk about. 

Random dumb shit they've done and random dumb shit they've seen on the internet. (bonus: stupid inside jokes they've made up about dumb shit they've all seen) Honestly guys are not sitting around talking about girls and making bets about falling in love with them. As an avid member of the majority of my friends are male club I can tell you that the only time girls get brought into a conversation is when they're picking on each other (saying that they'd date a girl they consider unattractive) or they've been flirting (with somebody out of the league usually). Guys talk about sports teams and current video games coming out; they make plans and joke around same as girls. 

Guys don't just hang out with a posse of equally attractive guys, if anything, they hang out with uglier guys to make themselves look better (yep, guys do it to.)

Now you might be wondering about the title so allow me to explain. Most of you probably remember a movie called Open Season and if you do you recall Elliott who was, to me, the epitome of a guy. He valued time with his best friends, he was fun to be around, slightly clingy, adorable, and had a crush on a girl way out of his league. Then on the other end of the spectrum you had Ian who was kind of cocky and self-centered, he was somewhat like the stereotypical douchey jock and, realistically, he also had a crush on the girl way out of their league. And then there was Boog who I like to say was right in the middle and also a pretty average guy; he liked to eat and he had a great personality and he was very loyal and while he and Elliott annoy and insult each other they're like best friends for life.

So I guess I'm just wondering, where all the Boog and Elliotts went? I mean this seriously, like if you find a story with just a normal guy who hasn't an ounce of unnecessary angst and isn't some perfect depiction of a man then tell me. 

Please. 

- GURU.