Shaman

I had never been in a place filled with so many humans before. They filled the air with their stench that suffocated me. Actually civilization itself made my nose crinkle in disgust. The pollution followed anyone from civilization in a cloud of odor. They all shuffled around me as if they didn't have time to waste, but they did conjure up some to cast curious glances my way.

I moved at a very slow pace, because I was waiting for my ride to take me to the pack's territory. My luggage rolled behind me as I spent time eyeing things that my secluded pack never had. We invested in natural everything, nothing was taken into the pack. No technology or anything a modern person would have. I guess that's what helped make the great unity inside of the pack. Everyday life was centered around pack life and making sure no deaths were involved.

My pack was more peaceful and more spiritually guided than most. We were the only pack that could still produce Shamans. Shamans were very rare wolves that had powers. They also had a stronger connection to the Lunar Gods than any other wolves. Every shaman had the power to heal and any other powers were even rarer.

That was the reason I was in the Blue Blood Pack. I was a nomadic shaman who stayed in different packs for a few months to help when they called on me. I had helped many packs with a variety of different problems, but Syra, my Wolf, and I have a feeling that this pack was different.

The moving stairs was a machine I didn't like. They are very dangerous and I had very bad experiences with them. Two of my favorite robes were ruined. I believe people call it an escalator. It moved around fifty or so people and I until we reached the main floor of the airport. From my vantage point on the moving stairs, I sniffed the air to smell the wolves in the building. There was a few ,but none that I sensed were my ride. I began to unconsciously rummage through all of their minds, searching for a thought that was about me in the humans and Were.

I hope she isn't some old butt ugly witch.

Ah ha. I stared at the man ,who was in a police officer's uniform. He looked up at me with a sour face and began pushing through the crowd of humans. We met at the base of the machine. His scowl was replaced by a cheap smile that could only be worth pennies. He guided me away and began to speak.

"Hello. Miss ...Maengun. Do you speak English?" He said every word in a very slow best. Every word was drawn out and that in itself was very irritating.

"Yes." He grabbed my luggage and began to lead me to his vehicle, another machine I hated. Whenever I had gotten in one of those metal beasts, my stomach dropped and it agitated Syra. She paced and growled the whole ride in my mind.

"Blue Blood Pack is a cool place. I think you'll like it there." I was a little happy about his optimism ,but couldn't help the uncomfortable feeling of riding in a vehicle.

"Derek, how long will this ride be?" Derek looked at me from the rear view in horror. I wasn't too taken aback by his facial expression. Sometimes information about people just... came to me and I usually found myself blurting it out no matter what. The look he was giving me was very familiar. "Please do not fear me. I meant no harm." He relaxes a little ,but says nothing for the ride.

He was brave for a human, I'll give him that. I've said much less and had a lot worse happen. I had made a full grown wolf faint once. I guess I just have some weird way with people.

Syra and I both shivered as we crossed onto their territory which meant less humans and more werewolves which could be considered a good and bad thing.

Derek the human stopped the vehicle in front of the police department.The town was large from what I've seen and like I had planned, modernized. Street lights, stores,a Wal-mart, and plenty more. "The Alpha, and Beta are inside waiting on us." He didn't look at me, guiding me into the building.