Chapter thirty-six: Queen of fairies

I have to remind myself to buy a journal because there's a lot of details to take in while you're in a quest, too many to simply take it all into memory. Four magical teenagers and one kid (Who never grows up, to be exact) were arrested by fairies. Not so scary when they are tiny, but at that moment we were small, well . . . let's just say not friendly.

Inside the unexpectedly very durable sack from Lines' shoulder were our weapons and items we handed to them.

The Pixie Dust Tree was quite similar to the academy due to its gigantic size. We're surrounded by the woody textured wall of the tree trunk. On top were piled with giant green leaves in each twisted branch. We headed to the wooden stairs. "Blackberries, even fairies don't treat us nicely." Victor sighed.

"We'll work things out," Chloriette assured. "Besides, we're just teenagers. Why do you think these guys are mad at us?"

"Let me remind you, they thought we're dangerous too." Lenard lowered his voice so the guards couldn't hear a word. "Have you guys wonder how they'll react if they found out we have a Dragonslayer on our side?"

"They'll probably laugh," I guessed. Pierce marched in front of us. All broad shoulders and not tilting his head since Lines and Chase had their eyes set on the direction we're heading and to us. "So, Pierce. Since you're the friendliest and the most honest fairy aside from Tink, where are you taking us? In fairy jail? In the mud pit? Don't tell me we're staying at Fairy Mary's house, I might puke in there," Peter groaned from the thought.

"The queen needs to speak with you and these warriors," Pierce responded without turning towards us.

Peter leaned closer to me, his voice lowered to a whisper. "Psst, MaXabe! Just act like yourselves and don't harm them. I'll take care of the rest."

"What about Tinker Bell?" I whispered back. "Can you at least ask the queen for her?"

"Of course, I can," he said. "It's just that sometimes she doesn't take me seriously, because I'm just a kid." The fairy guards led us to a circular, wooden, red door. As Pierce gently pushed it, he announced, "They're here, your highness". He nodded to the two other guards before escorting us inside. The room was big too, like being inside a dome. On the ceiling full of leaves hung a glowing chandelier made out of sticks (Look, I have no time to explain how they did it). The glowing balls were cabbages, with pieces of light inside, hanging on the chandelier. The table was layered with crimson cloth, a vase made out of the glass with a flower in it in the middle.

On a tall throne in front of us sat the queen. Her hair was light brown and straight, stopping below her shoulders. Her triangular crown was as bright as a yellow star and beautiful, too. Her blue eyes were the same shade as the skies. Unlike any other fairies that I've seen, she was glowing gold! Her golden wings are made out of Pixie dust. Rosie dreamed of having those. Yes, even Mondrea.

"Well done, Pierce." She nodded. "You and the guards may go back to your positions. And take their weapons to the Hidden." Without a word, Pierce, Lines, and Chase placed their fist on their left chest as a salute before returning outside. "I see you brought special guests, Peter. Come, sit."

"Since they're in front of you anyway," Peter muttered, crossing his arms as he leaned back on a wooden chair. "I feel so uncomfortable without my sword."

"It is not a sword, it is a dagger. And as queen, I must hide your weapons for the sake of the fairies' safety and concern." Her tone was gentle, yet strong enough to show that she is a queen.

"Oh good, you're proving to be the best queen of Pixie Hollow. You're getting the hang of your job, huh?" At his response, a sudden thought came to mind. Why is Peter being so sarcastic to the queen? Is their relationship not doing well? Because Peter thought that the queen was underestimating him? I'll never know. I cleared my thoughts away and paid attention to what is going on right now.

"My apologies, I am Queen Clarion, ruler of Pixie Hollow and the four seasons. You may not know me, but I know all about you." By the sound of her voice, we feel welcomed and not threatened.

"It's like she's stalking us," Victor said in a small voice.

"I'm just kidding with you. Peter, do you know the reason why they are in our land?" She asked the boy who never grows up.

"Glad you ask, queeny." Peter cleared his throat. "They told me that they're on a dangerous quest, which I found very exciting. They need to go where the dragon is hidden or else we are all dead meat."

"I see." Queen Clarion nodded. "And who are the people that are in this quest?"

I started talking. "Hello, your . . . um . . . majesty," I know this is your first time talking to a queen, Xabe. Just take a deep breath. I pulled myself together before I spoke again. "My name is MaXabiere Berrygrewd."

"I am Chloriette Voirgeese, your grace."

"Lenard Cass, your royal highness."

"Victory Dutche. Nice meeting you, really and you're brighter than I imagined."

"Thank you." The queen offered a weak, but pleasant smile.

"That's it." Peter sighed. "What do you want with us?"

"I was going to ask the same question." Queen Clarion told him, which made a lot of sense to Peter.

I began, "We must go to the World of Battleships, but two of our friends are missing."

Lenard added, "And we need to go there. Level by level. Otherwise, it's too late!" 

"The dragon will destroy everything in every world after it's done whatever it's doing in its hideout." Chloriette finished.

"I- they already said everything. So . . . yeah, you know." Victor tossed his arms and shrugged.

"But the quest is very dangerous for you. The Flash warriors accepted it, just like that?" Queen Clarion stood.

"Well, here goes her maternal side," Peter said.

Chloriette nodded. "Yes, your Majesty. The Flash warriors have an ally, strong enough to defeat this dragon." 

"And who is that?" Queen Clarion asked.

"Have you ever heard of a Dragonslayer?" I asked.

A/N:

Hail to her golden majesty! The next chapter will finally get the help they need.