Chapter One

Raelyn’s POV

Five Months Later

It had been five whole months since Kellin and I had broken up. We still talked every day as friends and we’ve even hung out a few times. It was great still being friends with him and having no pressure of a real relationship stressing me out. We occasionally talked about when I would be ready but for now, my band, As the Sky Falls, was still taking off and it was still too much. Most days I expected Kellin to get tired of waiting for me to be ready, but he was still waiting for me as patiently as ever.

My band had recently moved back to Texas, in one of the suburbs of Dallas. Even with all of the bad memories, Texas was still my home. I just avoided Houston as much as possible. Max and I bought our own house together while the guys had gotten one of their own down the street. I cannot express how wonderful it is to have my own room.

“Can you believe this is happening?” Max came into my room and bounced on my bed where I was packing my clothes. Our tour manager, Donny, had recently announced that we’d be going on Warped Tour this year. We were all beyond excited to be spending the whole summer touring with the some of the greatest bands we knew.

“No, I can’t. But I’m sure you’re more than excited to be spending the whole summer with Vic.” She blushed and stuck her tongue out at me. I returned it as I added another pair of shorts to the pile.

Max and Vic had managed to stay together and were as happy as ever. I was happy for Max; she deserved to be happy with someone like Vic. You could just see how much he loved her in his eyes whenever he looked at her. It was the same look Kellin had when he looked at me.

“What about you? Aren’t you excited to be spending the summer with Kellin?” Now it was my turn to blush.

“I am, but I still don’t have my life under control so don’t get your hopes up.” I warned her and she frowned.

“I still think you should at least try. You guys are perfect together and I know that it would work out.” I smiled at her.

“I know it would to,” I blushed as I admitted so. I zipped up my suitcase and started caring it to the door so we could get on the road in our brand new tour bus. “I just don’t think I’m ready yet, Max.”

“Fine,” She grumbles just as the bus rolls to a stop in front of our house and Spencer, Ash and Jasper come barreling out. The bus closely resembled an RV but our band name was painted in big letters on the side and front.

“Are you seeing this? We have our own fucking tour bus!” Ash exclaimed excitedly.

“Yes, we see it. Now please help us with these bags!” Max laughed at him. Spencer and Jasper each took a bag out of our hands as Ash continued to jump around like a two year old.

Inside was a lounge area with a couch with a TV in front of it. The boys had already hooked up their Xbox One. There was also a small kitchen area, complete with a small booth in the corner. Next came a few bunks, a three piece bathroom and a back lounge with another TV and a bigger couch and a recliner. It was amazing and a lot to take in.

Max and I flopped next to Spencer and Ash on the couch while Jasper sat on the arm of the chair. Spencer and Ash started up the Xbox and within minutes, we started moving. We cheered loudly for a second before the boys turned their attention back to Call of Duty.

Already feeling a little bored with Max being on her phone, I whipped out mine as well and texted Kellin. “We’re on the road!” I texted.

Seconds later, he responded, “Us too. I can’t wait to see you again. Feels like forever.”

I couldn’t help but smile as I typed a reply. “We saw each other like, two weeks ago when we finished our album.”

“I know, but still. Two weeks is a long time, love”

“Whatever, dork. No it’s not."

“It is for me. I’m stuck here with a bunch of guys and I’m very lonely.”

I laughed again. “Ha-ha. I’m sorry, Kelly.”

“Don’t call me that.”

“I thought you liked it Kelly.”

“Well, I don’t. But I guess since it’s you…”

“What the hell are you laughing at?” Max asks beside me. I look up from my phone to see her smiling knowingly at me. I locked my phone and stood from the couch. I wobbled slightly with the movement of the bus.

I started to make my way for the back lounge, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge on my way. “I’m going to watch a movie.”

“Wait for me!” Max hollered, jumping up and following me. We sat on the couch and picked out a movie. We settled on the The Breakfast Club since it was our favorite 80’s movie. The drive from Dallas to Seattle, where Warped was kicking off, was really long. Max and I went through two movies before falling asleep on one another.

We were startled awake by banging on the lounge door and Ash yelling, “Wake up, we’re in Seattle!” Max was instantly awake at the news and jumped up in hopes of finding Vic. I, on the other hand, stood up much slower. My stomach was knotting in anticipation of seeing Kellin again. It wasn’t like seeing him was such a big deal, at least it shouldn’t be. I saw him two weeks ago at the party we’d had for our finished debut album and a couple of times before that and it was never awkward. So why was I so nervous about seeing him this time?

Finally, I stepped down from the bus and into the sun. I covered my eyes with my hand to look around. I spotted Pierce the Veil’s bus and headed that way, knowing I’d find Max there. Knocking on the door, I waited a few seconds before Jaime opened it. “Rae!” He screamed my name and tackled me in a hug.

I’d had the chance to hang out with Pierce the Veil a lot whenever they all came to visit a few months ago. Jaime and I had grown especially close. I laughed when he tackled me, nearly knocking me to the ground. “What’s up, Hime-Time?”

“Not much. What’s up with you?” He finally pulled away and smiled broadly at me.

“Just looking for Max. I assumed that she was here.” I pointed at their bus.

“Oh she’s in there.” He said, giving me a knowing smirk and we laughed.

“Do I get a hello hug?” A voice asked from behind me. I knew that voice anywhere and took a deep breath before turning around.

Kellin stood in front of me, his hands in his pockets and a small, nervous smile on his face. The second I looked into his hazel eyes, my previous nervous feeling washed away as though it had never existed. A cheesy smile broke out across my face and I ran to him, jumping into his arms.

“It’s so good to see you,” I told him.

“You too, Rae-Rae,” he said. He softly kissed my cheek and put my feet back on the ground, but he didn’t let go of our embrace.

A/N: Yay, chaper one of the sequel is published! Vote if you're excited :D