Chapter 3

LEVI'S POV

I've been with Petra more and more lately.  We went out for coffee this morning and talked.  It was about noon when I arrived home.  A little blue car was parked in the garage.  "Shitty glasses is here?"  Rolling my eyes, I proceed to head inside. 

"He won't care. . ."  Said a familiar voice.  Who wont care?  God, Y/N always saying nonsense shit.  I stood at our bedroom door and saw her.  Y/N?  She was laying there in Hanji's lap, soaking in her own blood. 

"Y/N. . . what happened?"  I rushed over to her and hugged her head. 

"I- I still love you.  Even. . . even if you don't love me back."  She whispered when I felt her grip on my shirt grow week.  Hanji had called the paramedics and they took Y/N from me.  My clothing was soaked in her blood.  Hanji gave me a remorseful look.  Her face was tear stained, and so was mine.

I didn't think this is what would have come out of our relationship.  What ever happened to being truthful to each other?  No secrets?  Why didn't she tell me sooner.  But. . . I did cheat on her.  Did she know?  Is this why she didn't tell me?  On the way to the infirmary, I thought about everything we've gone through.  She told me she wanted to get married one day, and I remembered thinking she was stupid for thinking I would marry her.  Now?  That's all I want to do.  I want her to get out of that infirmary and we could get married. 

Nothing seemed straight.  Everything was blurry when I ran to the front desk.  "Yes, what do you want?"  Said the lady in white. 

"Y-Y/N.  Please, where is she?" 

"Oh, you can't see her at the moment, someone is already there."  

Pounding my fists on the desk I said, "You don't understand, bitch.  Get me into that room.  My lover is in there and your pussy eating ass isn't gonna tell me no."  She told me the room, and I ran off to find her.  Pushing the door open, I expected to see Hanji and Y/N, but I saw him.  Y/N was laying on the bed, crying with her eyes shut, and Eren sitting on the side of the bed, comforting her.  That was supposed to be me.  "Get out Jaeger."  Eren shifted his attention over to me. 

"Why?  Why do you think you can come here and comfort her, when all you can do is leave her alone?  I think she want's me to be here more than your cheating ass."  He, he knows? 

"How do you know?" 

"Easy, everyone knows but little miss pretty over there.  Well until now."  I looked at my shoes and began tearing up again.  My knuckles began to turn white.  I trudged over to Y/N just to get a glimpse of her face.  She was more beautiful than ever.  Maybe it only seems that way because this could be that last time I see her.  I wanted to cherish this. 

"Why, Y/N?  Why didn't you tell me. . ."  I sobbed while holding her cold hands in mine.

"I had a feeling you had been with another.  Admit it, Levi.  You didn't love me anymore until now.  You wouldn't have cared and thought I was speaking nonsense, right?"  She whispered to me.  I hugged her and inhaled her scent. 

"God, Y/N.  I love you so much, please don't leave me now.  I can end things with the girl.  We can be happy. Please?" 

"Levi. . . I love you so much, but I know I'm not good enough for you."  She put her hands on my cheeks and kissed my lips.  Her lips were ice cold.  I could barely breath now as I choked on my own tears.  She seemed much more composed than I did, few tears trailing her cheeks.  I hugged her as she hugged back for a while.  No words. 

"I'm sorry, Y/N.  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry. . ."  I then continued to whisper into her ear.  *Beeeeeepppppp*  My eyes shot open and I released my grip on Y/N.  "Y/N?  Wake up!  Don't you fucking dare die on me!"  I held her by her cheeks before letting her drop onto the bed, while I fell to my knees.  I sat in shock.  Was she dead?  Nurses crowded the room and forced me to leave. 

Friend's of Y/N crowded the hall.  They all looked at me with teary eyes.  I didn't care about their presence at the moment.  I wanted to get out of here.  They tried to hold me back, but I ran.  It was raining, but I didn't care. I sat on the curb in a puddle for hours.  Y/N face filled my mind as I cried myself to sleep in front of the infirmary.