Chapter 4

LEVI'S POV

Today was the day of Y/N's funeral.  Her body laid limp in a casket with white roses.  I stood there with tulips my hand while the other was laced with hers.  Y/N's parents were a few feet away from me.  I could tell they didn't like me, they knew.  Hanji had told everyone, and now I'm the town's mistake. 

No one likes me anymore, not even my once best friend, Erwin.  He had left me to drown in guilt like everyone else.  The only person who still contacts me is the one who had helped me start this mess. 

Petra.

She has been here for me.  She seems to care.  She has been the only person keeping me alive.  I want to start something with her, but my heart is buried with Y/N.  I can only replay her death in my head.  Over, and over, and over.  Like a broken tape, or a song stuck in replay.  My heart was left with Y/N when she died.  She took it with her.  She took my everything with her. 

I can no longer smile, or laugh.  She had taken that with her, too.  "Get out of the way, kid."  I heard Y/N's father say.  I looked over to him and he pushed me back.  I only let my head hang low.  I stumbled as he walked over to me.  I knelt down to puck up the tulips which I had dropped on the floor. 

"Why did you do this to our daughter?   We trusted you with her and you let her die!?!" 

"Don't fucking put this on me.  She died on her own.  She died of natural causes, you see.  I had nothing do with this death.  Though, I can't say I'm happy."  I lifted my head with tears down my cheeks.  Walking over to her casket, I placed the tulips in her hands.  Pulling out two rings from my pocket, I place one on her finger and the other on mine.  I kissed her head and walked away. 

HOURS LATER

The sky was dark, and so was my life.  My phone constantly beeped from Petra's messages.  Banging on my door caught my attention.  I threw the door open.  "Levi! Baby, I missed you!"

"Petra. . . hey." 

"I heard about Y/N's death. . ."

"Yeah."  Why was she bringing this up?  Doesn't she know this hurts?

"Well, now that's she's gone, we can start something. . . together."

"Are you fucking serious, Petra?  She fucking died and this is your priority?  Get out."

"I'm thinking about our future, Levi!  You will never get over her if you don't forget about her now!  Please, Levi.  I love you so much!"

"I'm not sorry.  I'm not sorry that I'm kicking you out if my life for fucking ever."  After i pushed her out the door, I slammed it shut.  Shit. 

THE NEXT DAY

It was about three in the morning and I was making my way to Y/N's grave with a shovel.  It took me an hour to dig the casket out.  Opening I hoped inside.  Pulling the top shut, I grabbed some will from my pocket and laid next to Y/N.  I swallowed every single one I had, and when I die and reach hell, I will look at Y/N up in the heavens while she will be happy, and I can suffer the pain I had put her through. . . Forever.