The Truth Is Hard To Swallow

Please Read Love, Not As It Seems, Locked In A Tower, It Isn't My Fault, and Trying To Remember before you read this!

Noah POV 

The family and I were leaving Juneau as we loaded the Integrity. Lacy has been clinging to my side as we watched the family get the boat ready to leave. She was constantly saying that she loved me. We took off from the dock when she led me inside onto the bed in the cabin. "I want you to lay her the entire way home. You are not to work on any of your projects or lift a single finger when we get home. The doctor said that you are take it easy because that was a terrible hit you took to your head." Her voice started to break when I got out of bed. "You can cry if you need to." I took her head in my hands as I kissed the top of her head. She looked at me I knew she was fighting back tears. "I'm fine. My only thought is about you and the kids." "Why don't you take a nap and I'll wake you when we get closer to home." She kissed me quickly before she left the room. I sat on the bed when I started getting dizzy. I steadied my head as I laid down on the pillow and stared at the ceiling.

Charlotte POV

I was standing at the front of the boat with Bear. I looked up at him and he put his arm around me. "I need to tell you something." He turned his head to look at me when I sense of sadness came over me. "I'm pregnant with Jeremy's baby." He stopped dead in his tracks. "I'm sorry." He didn't say a thing when he took my face in his hands. "You did nothing wrong. I will love this baby not matter if I'm the father or not." I started crying when he took me in his arms. "I love you, princess." He kissed the top of my head.

Amelia POV

I was downstairs with Matt as he was asleep next to me. He hasn't been getting a lot with me being in the hospital. He turned his body towards me and opened his eyes. "Hey" I cuddled into him when I felt his grip on me tighten. He moved his lips over my ear. "I have a surprise for you." "What?" "I got in touch with your son in Wyoming and he will be here in a few weeks." "What did you do?" I leaned up when I stared down at him. "Emmett is coming to meet you in Browntown in a few weeks. He has to finish his classes for this semester and get through Christmas. He will be here in the New Year." I leaned down to kiss him as I moved my legs to be on either side of his. "Matt!" We heard yelling upstairs as I continued to kiss his neck. "What?" "There are strangers on the beach, the men are going to take the skiff as the women and children stay on the boat." "I'll be there in a minute." He brought my face up to kiss as he kissed me one last time. "We will finish this later." The warmth of the bed disappeared more as he was further away from me.

Eleanor POV

We put the kids inside the wheel house to keep the out of the line of fire. The rest of the women were standing next to us as we watched the boys approach the beach. I had never seen them before when Bam pointed his gun towards the three strangers.

Bam POV

Three men were standing in front of me when I noticed Rainy was sitting behind them. My gun was already raised when I noticed that John was with them. "Bam, put the gun down." Da was trying to get me to calm down but they were not going to take my little sister. I lowered it as it faced the ground at an angle. "That was a wise choice because if you would have shot one of us, then I would have had to shoot one of you." "We want them back in one piece." "We are willing to give her back to you but not him." "Let her go." John stepped forward and went over to her. "You are going with your family and I promise I will be back." "I'm not leaving you." "I want to know that you are safe and I can't get through this if I know that you aren't at home." Gabe took a few steps as he took Rainy. "No, I'm not staying without you." He was holding her back when a helicopter appeared out of nowhere. He landed further down the beach as the men loaded up and took off. "No! We can't let him leave. I want to be with him until we die." Gabe pulled her into his arms as she cried her eyes out. Matt was already on his way to pick up the rest of the kids. I put the gun on my shoulder as I walked over to her. "Let's get you to your cabin." He handed her over when I decided to pick her up.

She curled into me as I carried her. Winter was here when I saw the first snow fall from the sky. I opened the door to my cabin and set her on the couch. I covered her up with a blanket and I sat across the room. She was silently crying as I watched her. I knew she was worried about her husband and I knew the feeling. I closed my eyes and I remembered the moment I knew that Eleanor was gone. It was the scariest two days of my life. The door opened to my beautiful girls as they walked past me. They were both asleep when I saw her bring them in front of me. Eleanor walked back to sit in my lap and I felt her head on my chest. "How is she doing?" "Not great. I think I want to sleep in here tonight to watch after her. I just want to be sure she doesn't get any ideas." "You are a great big brother." "I try." She kissed my head as she walked towards our bedroom and shut the door. I got myself comfortable in the loveseat as I tried to sleep.

John POV

We had stopped at a hotel in Juneau for night. I had my own room but he had one of his men posted at the door. I knew that my wife was safe if I did what he told me to do. I laid on the bed trying to get her tear stained face out of my mind. I would close my eyes and there she would be. When we left from the helicopter and I watched her as she was held back by Gabe. My heart was breaking as I finally fell asleep.