Chapter Seven

"Wait!" a voice shouted.

My eyes flashed open at the voice. Liam was standing next to Zayn, his tall muscular figure towering over him. He locked a hard brown gaze on Zayn, showing no emotion.

"You can't kill her mate," he stated. Zayn whipped his head away from me, but I still caught the sight of his red eyes blazing with anger.

"You can't stop me this time, Liam! She crossed the border twice and now I get to kill her!" he raged. His voice was so loud I flinched, cowering down lower to the ground if it were possible.

"Liam's right lad, you can't kill her," Harry paced over. I scowled. They were both trying to save me.

"Why not?" Louis spat. He walked over from where he was to stand before Harry. "Give us one good reason why we can't kill the mutt?"

The room went dead silent. The only noise was my ragged breathing. Jace was still unconscious and Gabe was sitting motionless on the couch. I knew it was too good to be true; I can't be saved. I'm going to die and they just have to accept that. Breaking the treaty was a major violation and now I must face punishment: death.

"Kelsey saved my life," Emmalie said. All heads turned to face the red head. She forced her gaze up to the boys, determination shining in her eyes. "I would be dead if it weren't for her. Doesn't that count for something?"

Zayn let out a growl and began angrily pacing around the room. His eyes blazed red and it looked as if he were going to attack someone.

"It'd be your own fault if the wolves killed you Emmalie! You're well over a hundred years old with enough training. They should have been easy pickings!" He spat, fangs bared.

"Hey!" Niall boomed jumping from the couch to stand in front of the dark haired boy. "Don't you dare talk to her like that." Zayn just smirked.

"What are you going to about it? Kill me?"

Niall let out a growl, his eyes turning red.

"Enough!" Liam barked. All heads turned to face him. "No one will be killing anyone today. Now regarding Kelsey's life, we'll take a vote."

The vampires dipped their heads, all thoughts about a fight gone. Even Zayn, who I thought was going to pounce on Liam, slightly dipped his head in acknowledgment. I was shocked that the vampires obeyed Liam, but I kept my mouth shut.

"Now then, who wishes for Kelsey to be killed?" Harry asked. My body was shaking with fear as I scanned the room. No one met my gaze; they just stared off into the distance.

Both Zayn and Louis raised their hands. Zayn glared at the other boys as if challenging them, but he kept his mouth shut.

"Now raise your hand for Kelsey to be returned safely to her pack?" Harry asked while raising his hand. Liam, Niall, and Emmalie immediately raised their hands as well. I let out a sigh of relief. Guess I'm not dying today.