Chapter Three

Sunny’s Point of View:

        By the time I got to the Lynch’s house on that Saturday afternoon, the party was if full swing. Even from the front door, I could hear the music come pouring from over the speakers, the people in the backyard laughing and talking.

        When I knocked on the door, a short blond lady answered the door with a sweet smile on her face. “Oh, you must be Sunny! I’m Stormie Lynch.” She was talking a mile a minute as she held the door open for me. “Come on in.”

        I gave her a sweet smile. “It’s so nice to meet you Stormie.”

        “You know Rocky and Ross haven’t stopped talking about since you came into town.” She giggled, leading me through the house to the backyard.

        “Are you hungry?” She asked as we walked on to the patio. “My husband Mark has some burgers on the grill, and there are some drinks in the cooler.”

        “Oh, thank you. But I don’t eat meat.” I shook my head, feeling horrible.

        Before Stormie could reply, Raini came running up to me. “Sunny you made it!

        I gave Stormie a small wave before walking away with my new coworker. Together we made our way over to a small group of people, some of which I knew, some I didn’t.

        “I love your outfit.” Laura gushed to me when we walked up to her. I looked down to my outfit; it was a simple white no back t shirt, green skinny, paired with green converse and an Eiffel Tower necklace.

        “Where did you get your necklace?” Raini asked, looking closely at the tower hanging from a simple silver thread.

        My fingers instantly went up to my necklace, a sad smile fell onto my lips. “Um, it’s was a gift from grandpa.”  

        Laura smirked. “It’s beautiful.”

        Feeling a bit awkward, I decided to go walk around a bit. “I’m going to get something to drink, I’ll be right back.”

        After wondering for a bit, I ended up in the garage, going to get a drink from the cooler. As I reached in, I felt someone watching me. When I looked up, I found Rocky leaning on the garage door, a smirk playing at his lips.

        Playfully, I cocked my hips. “Can I help you?” I asked sarcastically.

        “Yeah. You want to toss me a coke?” Rocky played along with as he walked up to me. There was something soft dancing in his hazel eyes. “I didn’t think you would show up.”

        I walked up to him, placing my hand on my hip. “And why is that?” I asked, looking up to him.

        Rocky chuckled softly. “I don’t know. But I’m glad you did.” I dropped my head with a sweet smile.

        Before either of us could say anything more, Ross came running over to us. “Rocky! Come on! We’re waiting for you!”

        Rocky looked over to his little brother. “I’ll be right there.” Then he looked back down to me with a soft smile. “Have you met everybody yet?”

        I shook my head. “Just you mom and Ross.”

        “Okay, let me introduce you.” Rocky’s face lit up as he gently grabbed my hand and led me to the center of the backyard. “First is my dad, Mark.” He pointed to a tall man at the grill.