Chapter 13 - Unforgettable Past

Flame

Chapter 13 - Unforgettable Past

.

The voices were hard and angry and even desperate. I recognized my brother and my friends, as well as my mates. They all seemed to jumble up at times, though. They were discussing, they were shouting, they were accusing. It all made my head ache.

I remembered snippets of every other times I woke up. My brother and my mates discussing, my brother and my friends discussing, my brother discussing with anything that crossed his path. He was always there, though and it made me want to sit up and tell him to calm down. It made me want to tell him to be nice- or something. Or even to be quiet- that last one was what made me want to really sit up.

Instead, I was stuck listening to him a while before I finally manage to open my eyes. The light was blinding and I squint while turning my head to the side. The action caused a wave of pain to rush up to my skull and a small groan of pain leaves my lips. I would definitely not be moving my head alone anytime soon now.

"Brandon?" the voice is soft and panicked, its worried and tired. A hand cups my cheeks and I open my eyes to see Ian hovering over me a little, eyes red. He brushes my hair back before resting his palm on my cheeks when he saw me looking at him, "Brandon" he whispers thickly, his left hand brushing my face, "How do you feel? Are you alright?"

I offer a tiny smile with a sigh, "Yeah" I whisper and exhale, "What happened?" I ask.

His eyes close hard and he shakes his head as he leans down to press his lips against my temple, "Just get some rest" he whispers while closing his eyes. "I'm so sorry" he continues. "God Brandon... if you'd gotten hurt worse..." he trails off.

I hum a little, letting him brush my hair back, "We crashed" I state softly. I look him over, taking in his appearance. His lower lip was a little bruised and there were tiny cuts on the left side of his face. My eyes trail down and my eyes widen at the cast on his arm, "Ian, your arm!"

He shakes his head with another shuddery exhale. I sit up, with him trying to push me down and even if I felt as if rocks were being thrown at my head, I managed. Ian held me up, his good arm pulling me close. "I'm fine" he assures with a shake of his head, "You're not. Lay down. Come on" he urges.

"I'm not tired" I lie and his arm tightens just the tiniest bit, "I just... Oh my god, Ian. It was so scary" I whisper before he pulls me into his embrace with me being careful about his arm. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for lying."

"No" he breathes out, "I'm sorry. I was an asshole. I was just... I was angry. Brandon, this is dangerous. You know it is and I just... I wouldn't live with myself if you're hurt again. We can't be reckless. We can't."

"The car is crashed, isn't it?" I ask softly and tilt my head to peek beneath his shoulder. "Technically, we can't leave."

My brother lets out a small huff, a mixture of a laugh and sigh before he sank his fingers in my hair and pulled me close. There was a window on the wall, with the drapes down, but I just felt it. They were out there and I sigh softly before hiding my face on my brother's shoulder. It was so familiar, this position. We had been like this two years ago, when that happened. It was... it was a reminder that night. That Ian really would always be with me, to help me and protect me.

"I love you" he murmurs, his hand lowering to press against my back.

I raise my arms and fist his shirt, closing my eyes to stop the small tingle of pain in my head, "Me too" I whisper

.

"Brandon, what the hell?" my brother demands before clenching his jaw and letting out the air slowly through parted lips. It was quite hilarious watching him try to relax himself before his eyes opened and they narrowed at me, clearly irritated. "You're supposed to be resting."