Chapter Five (FanSkitter)

I AM SO SORRY GUYSSSSS. Happy New Year. Here's the next (crappy) chapter.

Scarlett's POV

The next few days are uneventful, really. School is normal, I guess. Lia's actually quite boring- all she really wants to talk about is actors or music. I want to talk about ideas, like my story or how cool would it be if, not nobody really seems to care.

I find myself wondering if I was wrong about Ivy. Maybe she actually was just trying to be nice. I feel bad about it, in retrospect. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to assume that people are against me. I have to remind myself that nobody has any reason to tease me here. They don't know.

The bus for Winta's Camp comes back in the middle of recess about a week into the school year. Kids crowd around the doorway, waiting for their friends to step off and greet them. I excuse myself from Lia's conversation and make my way to edge of the road, down the hill, past the basketball court. I join the back of the crowd of people, curious.

I don't recognize the first two people to get of the bus, but the third is Ivy. She steps off with a book in her hands, which furthers the conclusion she's actually a nerd, like me. I can't see the cover just yet.

She slides it into her bag, and then I see the words on the cover. The Chamber of Secrets.

I finished that book just last week. I consider going up to ask her about it, but then change my mind. I start to walk away, but my mind changes again. I'll talk to her about it.

She walks off in the direction of the Year Two building. Strange. I follow her, walking around the games of basketball and around the Prep building. A young boy almost runs into me, but I skid around just in time. 

Ivy has stopped and is talking to some Year Twos. One of them starts to giggle, and soon the other one joins in. Ivy hands them both something colourful I can't see from here as I walk in their direction. As I get closer, I see that they're bracelets. The girls eagerly try them both on.

Ivy turns around and sees me, finally. I hope I'm right about her.