Chapter 2: The first hunt

I was still quite young. This was my first time going out on a hunt and being able to eat solids, no longer milk anymore. I really miss the sweet taste of it.

Alpha leads us pups and mothers out of the centre of the territory. My mother pads along the side of me, our pelts touching. She smiles as I Trott under her. Her warm undercoat rubbing against my back. I jump up and her muzzle and lick her. She nuzzles me, telling me to step back in line. I nod and do so. " Any suggestions where we should hunt?" Alpha asks. I nudge my mother " Mama, where did you and Papa hunt?" I ask. She smiles " Behind the big snow covered cave" She smiles. " Anyone?" Alpha asks again. All wolves accept my Mama shake their heads. " Yes sir, I do" she smiles. He nods " Okay, where is it?" He asks " Behind the big snow covered cave in the east" She replies. " Cool, well did you and Lilac wanna lead the pack?" He steps to the side waiting for a reply. " Yes please sir, thankyou" She dips her head and nudges me to come with her. I can't believe she wanted me to come up with her, my dream, to help lead the pack with my mother.

We all pad through the thick, cold, white snow. It almost buries us pups. I begin to sink in a bit, my mother picks me up by the scruff to help me out " Thanks Mama" I smile. We reach the big snow covered cave. " Just behind here there is generally heaps of arctic hares and snow owls... If one lands maybe we could just pounce on it" My Mother and I smile as we creep around behind the cave. I see a a large buck(male rabbit) sitting there. I creep up behind it, but as I place my paw down, I crush a twig. The buck runs towards the frozen stream. He scrurries across. " Got get him" Alpha laughs. I nod and bolt towards the stream, trying to run but my stumpy legs not carrying me fast. I finally get the hang of it. I run onto the frozen stream, forgetting it is slippery. I slip and slid to the other side of it " You're a wolf.... Not a swan... You don't need to be elegant" Alpha laughs. I smirk and get up and run towards the direction that the rabbit ran in. My mother trying to keep up with me from behind.

There it is. The rabbit lying there in front of me on a rock. I walk up to it normally. It doesn't see me at all. I sniff it closely then I snap my jaws around it. I can't believe I just got my first hunt. My mother catches up. I turn around to show her. " Ohh my that was a good hunt" my mother smiles. " We should go and show alpha how good you are" Mama smiles as I nod. We pad together over the stream carefully and back to Alpha and the others. " Lilac you did that yourself?" He asks surprised " I certainly did" I smile and place it down in front of him.

( New chapter soon)