Adjusting

The next day, it took me a while to realize where I was. When I opened my eyes and saw the silky green curtains of my 4 poster bed, I realized that I was at Hogwarts. I, Jasmine Potter, the scrawny, weird kid, was at Hogwarts where I was a celebrity. I got out of bed , showered, brushed my long wavy brown hair and braided it into to 2  french braids. Then I put on my new uniform, which contained a knee-length silvery skirt, a white button up shirt, a grey sweater with green and silver around the v-neck and a satin green and silver tie. She also wore black socks with the Slytherin emblem on it and shiny black shoes. It was 5 to 7, so together with the other girls, who were all jawning and moaning about how early it was. "How are you so awake this early?" asked Tracey enviously, while barely keeping  her eyes open. Jasmine froze. She quickly regained herself and with grace, she answered: "I'm used to it, and besides, it comes in handy when you have to wake up this early at school! Tracey shrugged and the girls walked on, gossiping about their classmates. Jasmine lazily participated, as she was not used to being asked her opinion and respected for it. They waited a few minutes in the common room, and Draco arrived, in the same state as Tracey. "Jeez, this is early! How are you so awake, Jazzy? Jasmine smiled at the nickname. "Just used to it, Draco, she answered, as they walked down the corridor, and up the stairs to the great hall. As usual, the Slytherins were the first to arrive at the great hall, together with some Ravenclaws that wanted to catch up with some reading during breakfast before the loud and obnoxious Gryffs and Puffs arrived. While they were eating their breakfast, some still jawning, others talking to each other quietly, Professor Snape came in and handed them their  schedules. Jasmine looked at it and saw that the lessons were divided in a certain way.

- each lesson took 1 hour, except for double hours, which of course, took 2 hours. 

- the first lesson started at 9, meaning they had enough time to go back to their dorms to get their stuff in between. 

- they had 3 lessons before the break at 12, then they had lunch till 1.

- they had 3 lessons in the afternoon at most days, on Friday they only had 2.

They first had double Potions with the ravenclaws. Jasmine and Draco quickly finished their breakfast and walked back to their dorms to get their stuff with Daphne, Tracey and blaise. They discussed what previous forms of education they had had, and to her surprise, Jasmine wasn't the only one who had attended a muggle primary school, Tracey had too, since she was a half blood and her mom had insisted.

They hurriedly got their stuff And miraculously managed to get to the class on time. Some especially eager ravenclaws where already there, but most got in now. Professor Snape entered the room for some reason everyone fell silent immediately. Professor Snape had something about him that made you shut up and listen to him. It was quite frightening to be honest.

Snape started his lesson with a speech on how great potions was and Jasmine listened with great interest. She had been looking forward to Potions, since she loved cooking. Snape started asking random students questions about potions ingredients that where in the book, to "test their knowledge". Jasmine however, wasn't stupid and recognized it as a way for him to show they had much to learn so they would pay attention, something  that would probably work with puffs and gryffs, but not some eager and smart Slytherins and Ravenclaws, but Snape didn't seem to mind. They went on with the lesson, and mostly just took notes. Because, Snape said: "You first need to know what you're doing, before you are going to be doing it".

The rest of the day was just as uneventful, but Jasmine definitely had no trouble sleeping as she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Okay horrible short chapter, I know, but good things are to happen and it will be better I swear. I'm really sorry for the long wait, I had an enormous writers block and something called school. I hope y'all still love me?