prologue

"Miss. Vanessa, do you have any connections with someone who may have hurt your father?"

I stared out the window of the office building not acknowledging the question I was just asked from my lawyer.

Would anyone I know have hurt him?

No, everyone I know is so kind hearted and loving, they would never hurt my father. Everyone loves him.

"Miss? Are you alright?"

I blinked and looked back at the officer. "No, I don't know of anyone you would do this."

He gave me a look of pity. "I'm very sorry. Lets move onto the choosing of your new guardian, yes?"

"I have god parents." I answered simply. "My father's friend and his wife."

"Yes I was just about to ask about them. Do you think they are suite to care for you?" He sat back and folded his hands.

"It would only be for a short while. Besides, I am not a minor anymore." I took a sip of my water before continueing. "I just need to get back on my feet and then I'll be back into college."

He gave me a smile and nodded.

***

"Oh wow, this house is huge." Amanda looked at the large white building ahead of her.

"My grandfather built this house when my father was younger. Even before Letnus started."

Letnus is a wine business my dad started when he was married to my mom.

"I've heard all the stories." Mark smiled as he pulled into the driveway. "Your father loved to tell them."

We got out of the car and walked towards the home until I spotted a figure in the window.

I put my hands in front of Mark and Amanda. "Who is that?"

"Oh my God." Amanda said staring wide eyed at the figure.

"You two stay here I'm going to call the cops." Mark began to walk away while pulled out his phone.

I felt frozen in my place.

What if the figure was the one who killed my father?

I looked back at the window to see him gone.

"Amanda where did he go?" I asked looking over at her.

She shook her head. "He was just there I-"

"Hello, I'm Harry."

I did a double take when I saw "harry" sitting on my front steps.

"Before any of you take any extreme precautions to, such as, call the cops," Harry glared at Mark as Mark slowly put the phone down, "I would like you to read the sentence I circled on this paperwork."

Harry handed Amanda the paperwork and she read the sentence aloud. "If in the case that both Andy Vanessa's parents pass away, Harry Styles, a trained assassin is to be at her side at all times, no matter who the guardian is."

I frowned. "I never heard of this."

"What? So your father regularly talked about death with you? How depressing." Harry cocked his head to the side a little looking at me oddly.

"No, I would just think that if he had hired an assassin to care for me after he would pass away, he would warn me ahead of time so that I wouldn't have to find out like this." I spoke defensively, throwing my hands in the air a little.

"I can't believe an assassin will be living with me." I mumbled folding my arms over my chest.

"Believe it babe." Harry said cockily.

I opened my mouth before I was interupted.

"I know, I know, don't call me babe, whatever." He mocked. He clapped his hands together. "Anyways, nice to meet you, Mark, Amanda. Lets all get situated."

He began walking back inside before turning around and saying, "oh, and I call Andy's room," and winking.

Elle Fanning: Andy Vanessa

Harry Styles: himself

Cate Blanchett: Amanda Christie

Robert Downey Jr: Mark Christie