Chapter 1

"Mum! You can't do this!" I shouted. It's not fair! This can't happen.

"Honey, please? It's only for a while and it'll be over then."

Oh god. She can't do this. I can't live with him!

You're really confused right now, aren't ya? Let's recap, shall we?

*2 hours earlier*

Finally! It's Summer and no more school for me! Woo hoo!

"Hey, gurl!" My best friend shouted as soon as I walked out of art, my last class.

"Hey Brookie! What are you doing this Summer? We need to hang out! I have so many things planned for us. It will be so awesome-" I cut myself short.

"Oh yeah. You're going to England, I forgot." This will be my first Summer without Brooke. I'm really sad about her moving but I'm happy for her though. Brooke's moving to England since this is our last year and she got accepted into Oxford university.

"I'll miss you so much! Kenzie, I can't leave you!" She cried out, a little too over dramatically. But that's Brooke for you- always making people wonder whether or not they should call the mental hospital.

"It'll be fine Brookie. I'll always visit you. And it's not like we don't have Skype." I hugged her.

"Crap!" Brooke suddenly looked worried, which kinda freaked me out, I mean, she's Brooke. She never gets worried.

"What? What happened? Are you okay?!" I started panicking.

"I'm leaving soon," she said quietly, as if the realisation just dawned upon her and let a tear roll down her cheek before wiping it, "I'm going to miss you so much."

"Me too," I responded, hugging her again.

"How 'bout I take you and we go get some ice cream then I'll see you off at the airport?" I asked, hoping it'll make her feel better.

She cracked a smile, "You're a true friend, K."

---

After a very, uh, interesting time with Brooke at the ice cream shop and then watching her leave, I couldn't be happier getting into my house and having a nice, hot shower.

That was until I saw some dude in a suit and -cue the gasps- Justin Bieber.

Nah, I'm kidding, Scott White. The popular, spoilt brat, I thought.

The dude in the suit, who I think is Mr. White, I wouldn't know since he's never around, and my mom were talking. Something abou- wait, are those my bags? Why are they there? I'm not going anywhere.

"Mackenzie dear!" Great, they noticed me. I figured I could back out slowly but that's out of the question.

"Elizabeth Greene, oh my, how you've grown! I remember you in diapers!" Mrs White exclaimed, when did she get here?

Scott started smirking, he knew I hated being called Elizabeth. The bastard, I thought, I could smack that smirk right off of his face.

"Mrs White," I smiled sweetly, "with all due respect ma'am, it's Mackenzie, not Elizabeth."

She looked confused for a second so I explained, "My middle name's Mackenzie. I prefer it rather than Elizabeth."

"Oh dear, I've forgotten. Old age, you see." She replied.

Then she said the most shocking thing ever!

"Don't call me ma'am, sweetheart. I will be your mother-in-law soon."