Letter to Time

Dear Time,

You are quite a contradiction. They say you heal all wounds but you wait for no one. You move at your pace leaving the perspective of your speed to the person experiencing you. I, for one, never got around to managing you.

I must admit I too move at my own pace, doing things as I feel like. Without noticing, I've wasted so much of you without accomplishing anything. I have nothing to show as achievement while my peers accumulated accolades and recognition. And while others grew roots and established themselves, I went ahead and uprooted myself from a life I've known.

You may not be on my side even when I'm battered and bruised. I may not have your favor in a place where I'm starting over. But this is my second chance in making sure you're no longer wasted.

I would spend you on people who mattered, reconnect with the people I've missed, and use every opportunity to improve myself. But I won't be racing against you. It would be me cherishing you.

They say things happen when you aligned perfectly with God's will. Does that include making me whole again? Would you be able to heal the cracks and the chipped edges of my soul and my self-esteem? Because right now, my future still looked blurry to me.

In time, I knew you'd be my friend. We may never walk together or agree on a lot of things but I knew that with your help, I can be a better version of myself. I knew that if I'm patient enough and worked hard enough, I'd be there when you and God's will finally align for me. And maybe then, I will have the answers I've been searching for.

Until then, I'll do my best.