Chapter 9: Ripping Me Back Into The Light

**Travis' P.O.V.

I walked into school an hour early on Monday, hoping to get to my room before SHE got here. I don't think I could bear to see her this morning like I would every other, thus why I got here an hour before school even starts.

Man, I haven't gotten her out of my head since she rejected me on Wednesday. Whoever said the famous phrase "out of sight, out of mind" is a damned liar. God, I can't help but think of that one magical kiss we shared. I had been scared by how a 16 year old girl could make me feel so alive.

I got to my room and sat at my desk. I peeled back the cuff of my dress shirt to reveal the wounds I had inflicted on myself. I had hoped they would have healed by now, but since they hadn't, I simply covered them up with my sleeve.

I have to get over this, and, trust me, I will.

**Riley's P.O.V.

I ran into the school. I had planned on being late, but not late enough to miss a lot of 1st period. Hey, I was only aiming for homeroom, but I suppose I can live with missing science.

I stopped at my locker, grabbed my books and iPod then plugged in my earbuds and began blasting Tears Don't Fall by Bullet For My Valentine. I began walking slowly around the campus, whilst texting my friends to meet me by my locker.

I became so immersed in a very heated game of Subway Surfers that I didn't notice the person walking straight towards me.

"Damn!" I exclaimed as I fell on my ass.

"Uhh, s-sorry Riley, I-I was distracted, I uh, here" a man I knew all to well said whilst extending his hand and helping me up. He held my hand a bit longer, and I couldn't help but notice a few red marks.

"Why?" I near whispered, pulling his sleeve up to reveal several gashes where flesh used to be. We were barely inches apart, and when I looked up at him, I could feel his breath caressing my face. He had tears in his eyes, and he wouldn't look at me.

I dropped his wrist, and placed my hand on his jaw, slowly turning his face to look at me. He closed his eyes and whispered, "Goodbye, Riley."

He tore himself away from me, and walked off in the direction he was headed before our encounter.

How is it that every time I see him it ends with my heart breaking?

**Travis' P.O.V.

"Goodbye, Riley." I whispered before releasing myself from her soothing embrace. I refused to let her get to me any longer.

I looked back at her, and saw her slumped up against the wall, crying. I'm ashamed to say that I kept on walking.

**Riley's P.O.V.

The rest of the day went by quickly. At lunch, the gang and I snuck out and went and got sushi. We got back just in time for 5th period, where I slept. 6th and 7th period went by quickly. I walked home, being as Trent was away for the week. When I finally got home, I saw my mom's car.

As I walked into the house, I saw my cousin, Katherine, sitting on the couch reading her magazine.

"Surprise Cous!!"

My mom walked in and said, "Riley, Kat is staying with us. Her uncle and aunt are having problems, and they kicked her out. Trent is staying with them for the time being."

Great. My super-sexy, 18 year old cousin would be staying with us for who knows how long. Fabulous.

"She'll be staying in Trent's room. Could you show her up their? I have to hurry up to the airport to go to another conference."

"How long will you be gone?"

"Don't kill me. I'll be gone for a month at the least, sweetie, I'm so, so, sorry. I've left you $200 on your bed. I love you, Riley. You two be nice. I love you both."

"Love you too." we said in unison.

She left, and I showed Kat up to her room. I went to mine, and, seeing as I had a missed call from Hanna, I called her back.

"Heyyyyy bitch, where you at?" Hanna's voice rang through. I winced at how loud she was.

"At home. Kat's here. Mom's gone for a month."

"Bitch, we're throwing a party at yours. Tonight. Get sexy, I'm calling everyone at school." She hung up.

**Hanna's P.O.V.

I called everyone on my contact list, and told them to pass it on to everyone on theirs. I also posted on Facebook saying that everyone was invited. I told them it started at 7pm. Then, I got my fake I.D. out and went to the store. I bought 6 bottles of vodka, 4 of tequila, 7 of Jack Daniels, 3 Jamison, and some rum, as well as four 6 packs of Mike's Hard Lemonade, Parrot Bay wine coolers, and tons of beer. Ya, I save every penny I get in a secret bank account. My uncle also works as a cashier here, so there were no questions asked. I loaded the booze into my pickup truck and headed for Riley's house. Oh, God, I hope I don't get pulled over.

**Riley's P.O.V.

When Hanna got to my house, she pulled me out to her truck. When she opened up the trunk, my jaw dropped. SO MUCH BOOZE!!! I hugged her and called Kat to help unload. We put it all in 2 giant ice chests, and I grabbed a few bags of ice from my freezer and dumped them into the coolers. We all high-fived, and Hanna and I went up and showered.. separately, of course.

Kat took over the shower once I was done, and I went into the other bathroom where Hanna and I did each others hair.

Soon we were all ready for the party. However, it was only 5:45, so we sat around awhile and waited.

***I will update more tomorrow, but the more votes I get, the longer it'll be. If I get no votes, it'll either be very short, or I won't update at all. Every 1 vote counts. Btw thanks for 57 votes and 104 reads :) plus I've gotten +4 followers in the past week so thanks y'all.

Vote

Comment

Fan

And stay awesome :)

mKay bye