Thank You

~Anthony~

I check the clock and it's 3:07am. "God where is she?" I say to myself pacing back and forth in my living room. Just as I say that, I hear a knock at my door. I quickly run over to open it and I find Alex standing there, she looks concerned and tired.

"Anthony what's wrong? You freaked me out with that phone call." She says as she lets herself in my home.

"I'm freaking out myself okay. I didn't know what to do so the first thing that came to mind was to call you. I'm sorry if you're mad it's just...I...I..." I try to speak but my words get caught in my throat and I start shaking.

"Anthony? Anthony calm down okay I'm not mad. It's okay trust me. Please sit down." She leads me over to the couch. "What's wrong Anthony? Tell me what happened." Alex asks again.

I take a few deep breaths, "It's about Kalel. She called me about an hour ago asking for me back. She said that she misses being with me. She even said she got a new boyfriend but broke up with him because she wants what we used to have." I pause, my heartbeat racing by the second. Alex turns to me.

"Well what did you say to her?"

"I told her that I used to love her but now I don't. I told her that I like someone else."

~Alex~

"I told her that I used to love her but now I don't. I told her that I like someone else." Anthony said. I pause before I reply back.

"Well who do you like now?" I ask. Anthony looks at me but doesn't say a word. The silence lingers between us, not one of us daring to speak a word. I turn my attention to the ground but in the corner of my eye I notice Anthony's face grow closer and closer to mine. Anthony puts his hand on the side of my face making me turn to him but I keep my eyes down. There is only an inch between us, our breath quickened. Anthony leaned in closing the gap between us. I breathe in a small breath before his lips collide with mine. The kiss starts out small and quick but as we sit there, we let the kiss fill our bodies. To me it felt like time had stopped, letting us live in the moment and that moment was perfect. Anthony pulls away first, then he rests his forehead against mine.

"That was..." he starts.

"Yeah." I reply knowing what he meant. Sure that kiss was out of the blue, but it was the best kiss I've ever had. I lean in to give him another kiss. It was only for a second because I pull away first. "Thank you Anthony." I say.

Anthony looks at me with a confused look. "For the kiss?"

"No." I reply simply. " For everything you've done for me and even just listening to me helps a whole lot too. I'm really glad I moved away and came here to meet you and the Crew as well." I pause just long enough to finish but not long enough for him to reply before saying, "and yes the kiss as well." I laugh.

Anthony chuckles. "Your welcome Alex and the same goes for me. I would probably still be a complete mess if you haven't shown up to help me. So thank you. I'm so glad I met you."

After that, we talk some more about random things. We talk until the sun comes up and it's time to "get up and get going." I grab the few things I brought and my my way to the door. Anthony grabs my arm and pulls me back before I leave. "Hey...uh...does this mean we're a thing now? Like a couple? Just wondering." He says in that cute shy awkward voice. I smile and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Yes you goofball." I laugh as he lets out a sigh of relief and gives me one final kiss on the lips. I smile, turn out the door and call a cab home.