Chapter 12: Chosen Path

*Author's note: There a song on the side.. Hope you will like the song and this chapter! ^^

Joshua's POV

Napapagod na ako.. Mentally at physically..

Maybe I'll just head home..

I like our house.. It gives off the vibe that calms you.. It's not big but it is homely.. My mom raised me on her own and I know that it is not an easy task that's why I hate my father who let us suffer on our own.. but my mom told me not to hate him because he has his own reasons.. what reason is enough to make the act of abandoning your own child and his mother acceptable?

I opened the door and saw that there are 3 sets of shoes.. we have visitors? I wonder who are they?

"Mom?" I said..

"Joshua, andito ka na pala.. Pasok ka na.. May bisita ka.." she said brightly..

I am curious so I went straight to the living room..

It's him again.. Dominic.. with his father.. Or should I say, our father..

When that man saw me.. he said with a smile on his face, " A.J. I missed you, son"..

"My name is Aldrich Joshua.. And I prefer being called Joshua.. By the way I hate that nickname.." I replied coldly..

"Joshua.. stop being rude.." my mom told me..

"No, it's alright.. How are you Joshua?"

"I'm fine.. We're fine.. even without you in our life.. So what brought "the father and son" here at our house?"

"Joshua, I'm sorry.." my father told me..

"For what? You neglected so many thing so I don't know which of them you are sorry for."

"I'm sorry for everything.. I know you are angry at me.. but I understand that.. I .. I want you to also understand me.. Just let me explain please, son?"

I don't know what to answer so I just kept quiet..

"You're mom and I studied in the same university.. Our status in life are different.. My father paid for my tuition but your mom went there because of her scholarship.. but that didn't hinder our relationship, we were together for three years in secret because I know that my father wouldn't allow it.. One of our friend helped us hide our relationship.. and that is Dominic's mom, Nica.."

I was shocked, our mothers used to be friends? I looked at Dominic's face and saw that he already know about this fact.. I didn't speak so my father continued his story..

"My father thought my girlfriend was Dominic's mom so for the past three years, he never said anything about my relationship because he liked her as her daughter-in-law.. but when he find out who my real girlfriend was when your mother and I tried to get married, he was so furious.. He threated us that if we won't stop our relationship he would disown me.. and I was fine with that.. I left the house but for two months that I was looking for a job to support your mom and the baby that she was carrying but nobody accepts me or even your mom.. Even the lowest position became unavailable for us because my father is threatening them that if one of those company would accept us, they will be closed.. my father was that powerful.. I am young back then.. so was your mom.. It hurts me that I can't even give your mom a better life.. My father gave me an option, he said that he will let go of the two of you if I will leave you.. He said that he will ensure that your mom will get a job and a sustainable life if I leave.. "

He was actually crying while telling that..

"I didn't give up the two of you so he told me that if I continue my actions, he will hurt the two of you.. That's when my decision to let you go came.. I was thinking that I could live without the two of you by my side as long as I know that you are safe.. as long as I can support you on my own ways.."