viii.

Viktor

I smiled picking her up into my arms and carrying her inside. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kept quiet.

That was until she actually saw what awaited her inside the building.

"Grand Prix Finals" she muttered staring at the huge arena. Jeong never truly found out her standing in the competition.

"Yep. This is where you won first place. You were stunning you know. They way that you could feel the emotions you felt." I mused looking out onto the ice.

It seemed as though I could imagine her doing her program. Her flawless quads and graceful step sequences.

"First place..." she mumbled looking around curiously.

"Well if it isn't my favorite Korean." Sala sang walking up to us. I had called her asking for help.

Sala took Jeong from me and disappeared into the hallways. Rummaging through my bag I found my skates and slid them on. It felt like ages since I last skated.

Though I'm sure that the half-conscious performance I made didn't count. I remember all I could think about was Jeong's safety.

"We're back~" Sala yelled excitedly. Jeong was sitting in a wheelchair at the edge of the ice. She wore her costume for her program Liebesleid but no skates.

Surely putting a weak and very fragile person on thin blades of metal on ice was not smart.

So we came up with the next best thing. I raced over to Jeong and helped her stand on top of my skates. Music echoed inside the empty ice rink.

"This song. I recognize it." She stated with a smile.

"Love's Sorrow"

Jeong's liebesleid was definitely the distance between her and the ice that night. So I decided, I'd give her a gift that would allow her to be happy again.

To enjoy what she has left of her life.

I danced around the ice holding Jeong close to me, not allowing her to fall. She spread her arms out like wings.

"If only we could fly away from our troubles." She whispered. "Then we could live forever."