03 - Lee Jaehwan

Taekwoon opened his eyes, wincing when he was blinded by an overwhelmingly bright light. He shut his eyes tight, letting the pain fade away, before opening his eyes once more. He could smell the strong medication wherever he was at, and frowned deeply.

He was at the hospital, he guessed.

'Ah, no good memories ever came from a trip to the hospital,' Taekwoon complained innerly, annoyance building up in him as he remembered the times when he was admitted into the medical and healthcare-based building.

"Hyung?" A voice called out to him from his left, layered with drowsiness and exhaustion.

Taekwoon turned his head to his left, and saw Wonshik looking at him. Wonshik was also laying on a hospital bed, just like him, covered in a blanket, an IV drip on his left hand, seeing that no drips were visible on his right hand from Taekwoon's view. Wonshik gave him a small smile, which he returned.

"Are you alright, hyung? You were in a pretty bad condition," Wonshik asked, and Taekwoon nodded.

"I'm fine. How about you?" Taekwoon asked back, and Wonshik nodded.

"I'm okay," Wonshik answered, and as if on cue, there was a knock on the door to their shared room.

The partners looked up, and Taekwoon voiced out a dry 'come in', courtesy of not having drank enough water. The door opened, revealing Miss Yang and a doctor, along with a nurse. They all had a look of relief on their faces as they stood, seeing that Wonshik and Taekwoon were conscious, and they made their way in, Miss Yang closing the door behind them.

"How are you feeling, Mr. Kim and Mr. Jung?" The doctor, Taekwoon read the name tag, Dr. Seo, asked.

"I'm feeling quite okay," Taekwoon answered.

"I'm fine, too," Wonshik also answered, and the doctor nodded.

"We still need to run check-ups on you both, and you both might will have to stay for a few days," the doctor informed, and the partners nodded.

"But, sir, can we possibly go home earlier than planned? We're quite busy, you see," Taekwoon asked, and the doctor paused.

"But aren't Mr. Kim sus--" Dr. Seo cut himself off when he felt two threatening gazes onto him, and he nodded.

"Of course. But I hope that you both'd take good care of yourselves when I do release you early," Dr. Seo said, and they both nodded.

"Got it."

---

"Hyung, are you sure they'll keep our secret?" Wonshik asked Taekwoon when they were released from the hospital, two days after they were initially admitted. Wonshik had a crutch to help him walk, and Taekwoon had a walking stick, for some reason, even though he wasn't injured anywhere on his legs.

"They will. Ms. Yang got that covered. Besides, we've been to this hospital for so many times. We have Dr. Cho, remember? He'll take care of it," Taekwoon said, reminding Wonshik of their old friend, Dr. Cho Kyuhyun, who was one of the first few people who knew of their profession.

"Right. But we can't be too relaxed about this," Wonshik said, and Taekwoon raised an eyebrow.

"It's unlike you to make a fuss about this," Taekwoon commented, and Wonshik looked away, as if embarrassed, or ashamed.

"I never really cared about this, but my reputation is at stake right now, hyung," the younger said, and Taekwoon turned to look at him properly.

"Why is that?"

"Ever since I--"

"Wait. Let's go sit inside. It's hard talking while standing out here with the autumn breeze," Taekwoon cut Wonshik off, and seeing Wonshik's glare, added, "and you're injured."