02 - Silk Cape

Taekwoon blended in well, along with Wonshik. He interacted with the guests, although he made sure to keep the CEO and his daughter in his line of sight. Wonshik was also doing his job well, and interacted with people even more, although Taekwoon sometimes had to pull him away from some of the women and men he went too close to.

It was already an hour and a half into the event. There was another hour left, and it would all end. Taekwoon aimed to finish all of this safely. The most important criteria of a guarding job is, of course, the lives of your clients.

"Hello," a woman suddenly greeted Taekwoon.

"Hello," Taekwoon replied, short.

"My name's Seo Yeonja," the woman ran her fingers on Taekwoon's upper body, leaning closer. "What's yours?"

Taekwoon kept his gaze locked on the CEO and his daughter, giving no attention to the lady. Obviously, it made Yeonja upset.

"Hey, look at me!" Yeonja whined, and grabbed Taekwoon's chin, making him look down onto her. Taekwoon struggled against her, but she was surprisingly strong. That didn't sit well with Taekwoon.

Suddenly, there was a sound of glass breaking, and the whole room was plunged into darkness. Taekwoon pushed Yeonja away, not caring about her shouts that mixed with the screams of other ladies in the ball room. He tried to find the familiar masks, as he had good eyesight, but couldn't find them.

Taekwoon tried to find Wonshik, but he couldn't find him anywhere. Taekwoon grumbled, and looked around again. Suddenly, a flutter of red passed the corner of his eye, disappearing into a door by the majestic stairway. Taekwoon instantly took off after the suspicious scarlet figure.

"Wonshik-ah, go to the back if you can hear me! I saw a suspicious figure running out to the back here," Taekwoon informed through his earpiece when he entered the door, and ran through all the objects in the back room.

Taekwoon pushed his way through, toppling over some objects, but he didn't care. The figure wasn't too far away, passing through another room. Taekwoon ran, hoping he could be in time to at least see who it was and find the CEO and his daughter before anything bad happened. Taekwoon caught up pretty soon, because of his long legs, and saw the figure not too far away from him.

"You! Stop right there!" Taekwoon fiercely yelled out. The red caped figure turned around slightly, pausing, and ran again.

"Stop!" Taekwoon yelled. He pushed himself forward, summoning all his energy. He was within an arm's length in a bit, and he tried to grab onto the figure's fluttering cape.

Finally, he was able to grab onto it, and the figure stumbled. Taekwoon saw his chance, and tackled the figure to the ground. A small 'oof' was heard, and Taekwoon looked down, seeing a male's body. The figure had turned out to be a male, wearing a mask that was half opaque, covering his eyes and nose area, the gaps only showing his eyes, and lace covering his mouth.

"You! What did you do?" Taekwoon asked, breathless. He noticed how the latter's lips looked pretty under the lace, and he had beautiful tanned skin. Taekwoon shook his head slightly, trying to erase inappropriate thoughts that came to him.

The latter stayed unmoving. Suddenly, there was the unmistakable sound of a door creaking open behind Taekwoon.

Taekwoon turned around, and suddenly, there were two gunshots, and a sharp pain at his abdomen. The stranger pushed Taekwoon off, and ran, and Taekwoon looked up, trying to recognize the shooter. The shooter also wore a red cape, and seemed to be a man. Both the shooter and the stranger left him, bleeding, and the door closed, and there was a sound of the door being locked.