Part 2

"You can't be serious." Camila tried to look anywhere but at Lauren's piercing green eyes as she stood less than 3-feet away from her long-time crush. Lauren's brows were scrunched. An interview is seemingly ordinary for her to be having but to have it conducted by her crush? Not a chance. She may not be able to answer Camila correctly because she might be too busy gawking at the cute brunette girl in front of her.

"Uh, i'm sorry if you weren't informed beforehand. Mrs. Fields just told me a while ago and she indicated that I should start as soon as possible. It's just an interview, Lauren. I'm just going to ask you some questions and leave the writing to me." Camila tried to act as professional as she can. This is purely for the school paper, nothing personal right?

The change in Camila's demeanor totally got Lauren's attention. The girl was an awkward mess a while ago but right now she sounds so... business-like. Lauren bit her lip before looking at Camila who was now sporting a poker face (trying very hard to), looking at her, too.

"Fine. But can we do it after I swim some laps? Coach Fields gonna kick my butt if I'm not practicing." Lauren positioned her goggles on her eyes that were atop on her forehead a while ago. "But Coach Fields isn't here." Camila mused, she just wants this to be over but a little bit curious why Lauren would practice even though her coach isn't here.

Lauren smirks at her. "You clearly don't know Coach Fields."

*
Camila couldn't help her jaw dropping to the floor at the sight of Lauren swimming. Sure, she had seen her in action more times than she can count but she's always distracted by the adrenaline in cheering for Lauren. But here, she had all the time in the world to look and observe Lauren and so far, she really, really likes it.

Lauren tried to focus on her strokes, her breathing, and the water around her. But that proves to be a very difficult task because of some brunette's presence. She was always intimidated by Camila and she knows that she really is out of her league. But what if fate is the one making things happen between them so the get closer? Can she even say no?

She was swimming for less than an hour and decided that it was rude to make Camila wait for her. So she went out of the pool, grabbed her towel, and excuse herself from the brunette, not knowing that Camila's eyes were following her.

It must have been the quickest shower Lauren had in a while but she doesn't want to be rude to Camila. When she exited the shower room, she went straight to where Camila is, hopefully, still waiting for her.

And she was right,Camila is still there. But this  time, the girl is singing a soft tune and Lauren couldn't help but to smile.

"See I could do without a tan on my left hand, where my fourth finger meets my knuckle... And I can run you a hot bath, fill it up with bubbles."

Camila was still gently humming when Lauren decided to make her presence known. "You have a nice voice." But nice was an understatement, if Lauren was beig honest, Camila's voice is gorgeous, like a sexy little vixen is forming in her mind when she heard Camila sing. It wasn't the first time though, but she means this in the least-stalkery way.

Camila's eyes widened as she saw the green-eyed girl looking at her fondly, she fumbled for her earphones and muttered an almost muted thanks to Lauren. "Can I do the interview now?" Camila asked and Lauren was still feeling reluctant. She nodded her head and regarded Camila with a look that says Let's do this before I changed my mind. Camila smiled at her, her eyes twinkling with gladness. She patted the space beside her, urging Lauren to sit. But the latter only shook her head before pouting. "Not here, it smells too much of chlorine." Camila considered this but in truthfulness, she doesn't really mind. The blueness of the pool is actually making her heartbeat return to almost normal.
"Okay, where do you want to do it?" Lauren pondered on where exactly would she want to be alone with Camila and  her mind ventures to territories she doesn't even wanna voice out. This is not the time for your green-mindedness, Jauregui! Focus!