Chapter 3: Tyquid

As Gimli mounted his pony,  Legolas came and spoke to him. "This is very courageous of you, but you do not have to risk your life for an almost forgotten cause."

"I'm not doing this for myself, but for our world."

"Then God's speed to you and good luck!"

Gimli raced through the city gates and charged into the country side. He rode over rivers and streams, and through forests. He would stop to rest every sundown, then he would continue at sunrise. He made it to the city six days later. As he trotted up to the gates, he heard a voice call out from inside the gates.

"Do not take another step or you shall be shot! Who are you and what is your business?"

"I am Gimli, son of Gloin, and I wish to talk to your king! I have come on a matter of the greatest importance!"

The gates of the city slowly opened and Gimli walked slowly inside. As he entered, he was greeted by two minotaurs, both wielding huge battle axes. Their eyes were red, with a glowing fierceness. 

"This way Gimli, son of Gloin.", one of the minotaurs said.

As Gimli was escorted through the city, he stared in awe at the huge structures. He was soon brought to two large doors.

"Wait here", one of the guards said.

A few minutes later, Gimli was brought into the great hall. And there, on his throne, was king Jesar.

"Why have you come, Gimli, son of Gloin?"

His voice echoed throughout the room.

"I have come on a request. The orcs have summoned their forces and are marching on the great city of Lekaros! We are greatly outnumbered and are in need of your help."

Jesar stood from his throne walked toward Gimli,looked him straight in the eyes and said,

"Do you really think I would help a dwarf? Where were the dwarves when our true king fell by my side? Where were the elves when our city was starving? Where was men when our city nearly fell to the trolls? I will not help you. Leave my kingdom and never return." With those words, he stood and sat back on his throne.

"Your majesty, so you will just sit here and watch your world fall to evil?"

"No, I will sit here and protect my people from the evil."

And with that Gimli was escorted out of the city.