Chapter 7:

A few months earlier....

I was sitting in the living room when the 6 o clock news chime went off. The news reporter, in her stern, clear voice, spoke out: 'Good evening, I am Joyce Alberts and welcome to Channel 5's 6 o clock news.'

I always liked to watch the news, I thought it would help broaden my horizons on current affairs. Or that's what my teacher told me I needed to do.

She came out with: 'In the top stories: A young adult, Joseph Reid, is being wanted for the abduction, rape and murder of 16 different girls.'

I was shocked, of course, because being told that there was a creep killer on the loose was disturbing news, but also because we were told be careful around 'Seattle and DC areas as he was heading there.'

Living in Seattle, it's not hard to be at least a little concerned. But yet, I took no notice of anyone and just acted as if it was just an April Fools Joke.

Back to now....

My eyes continuosly welling with tears as I was hyperventilating and crying and trying to keep hold of myself. I asked him 'Joseph?' I gulped my tears as I sat, tied to a chair, trying to gain some sort of understanding of the situation. He moved closer to me: 'Yes Darling?' With a horrific grin on his face.

My body physically cringed and squirmed at the sound of his deep, disgusting voice calling me 'darling'. I regained my courage, gulped and asked strongly: 'What is my task today?' His faced twisted to his grin again.

'Right.' He said. 'What shall we do with you today?'