4.// grey

you yelled "stop"
but I ran to the rain

The sound of approaching thunder snapped me out of my daze. I came back to the computer-lit room and found myself staring at a Wikipedia page.

aurora
ɔːˈrɔːrə/
noun
1.
a natural electrical phenomenon characterized by the appearance of streamers of reddish or greenish light in the sky, especially near the northern or southern magnetic pole. The effect is caused by the interaction of charged particles from the sun with atoms in the upper atmosphere. In northern and southern regions it is respectively called aurora borealis or Northern Lights and aurora australis or Southern Lights.
2.
literary
the dawn.

This is pathetic Alex. The mouse clicked out of the page and closed google. My room lit up with a vibrant purple and disappeared signalling the storm was here.

Wait

I double clicked the google sign and the search engine opened.

Facebook

It had been ages since I used it. Maybe sometime before the move? I couldn't remember. Once logged in my fingers moved by themselves. If I thought I was pathetic before what was I now.

I begin to type aurora.

Not knowing her last name i just scrolled through the results until I knew I had found it.

There she was. In a field of grey and yellow flowers.
The hills dotted along the back with the stormy skies.
Her iridescent brown hair.

The way she could light up such a dull scene caught my attention from day one.

Aurora Brianne Seldoway

I repeated the name into my mind until it had sunk deep into me. Why was I so fascinated by her.

why?why?why?why?why?
why you ask?
You had only met her a day ago, stop doing this to yourself you foolish boy

Thunder cracked and then settled into a deep growl.

I want to know her

I
Just
Need

to.

because how could I stop,
when you were the only person who made me sane?