Introduction

~8 YEARS AGO~

~Alli's POV~

Justin and I sat on the swings in his backyard for the last time together. The cool breeze blowing through my hair. I was going to miss the chilly weather of Canada. Today I was moving to sunny Los Angeles, California all for my stupid step dads job offer. I hated him and my mom for making me leave Stratford. Justin and I have been best friends ever since we were born. We lived right next to each other and ever since we could talk clicked instantly. Just the thought of leaving him and never seeing him again gave me this great pain in my chest.

"Justin?" I peered over to the golden brown haired boy who looked at me under his lashes. "Yeah Alli?" he said.

"Do you think we'll still talk after I leave?" I said tears brimming my eyes

"Of course! I'm going to miss you so much" "I'll miss you to Justin." I said quietly not trusting my voice fully to speak louder. I could hear Justin sniffling beside me kicking the dirt beneath the swings.

"ALLI IT'S TIME TO GO" I heard my mother yell. Justin snapped his head up to me with teary eyes. "Alli, I don't want you to leave " he said voice cracking at the last few words. "I don't want to leave either Justin, but if I don't go now my family will miss there flight. I'll miss you Justin" I said tears threatening to spill from my eyes. We walked to the car holding hands. With one last hug we said our final goodbyes. "I promise to never forget about you Alli, ever." I got in the car before the tears could start streaming down my face. I stuck my head out the window waving goodbye to my best friend. Letting the tears fall I realized this was the last time I'd ever see my best friend, or so I thought..