♡Chapter 2♡

ღ Alli's POV ღ

I woke up to hearing Jake's quiet snoring beside me. Tracing small shapes on his muscular chest while he lay peacefully in his slumber looking so cute in his most vulnerable state. He always puts up this bad boy façade that he has no feelings and has no cares in the world, but I know the sweet, caring man underneath. No one understands why I like him so much, he's an asshole to everyone but he has this wall built up around himself and I guess I'm the only one who took the time to knock it down.

He starts to shuffle in his sleep mumbling incoherent words, opening one eye he smirks at me saying "Good morning beautiful" with the most loving look in his emerald eyes. I wish I could wake up next to him everyday.

"Morning" I say flustered that he called me beautiful even though I had a bare face, wearing no makeup at all.

We stared at each other for awhile without saying a word. I got lost in the pools of different shades of green in his eyes. He propped himself up on his elbow looking over to check the time. I peered over my shoulder at the same time.

"Shit" he muttered. "I'm going to be late, its 11:30. Rick is gonna kill me." He jumps out of bed quickly grabbing his clothes from the floor that he put there last night. Throwing on his black jeans and t-shirt he goes over to my long mirror hanging on the wall at the foot of my bed messing around with his hair until it looked some what presentable.

He comes over to my side of the bed and kneels down so he can look straight into my eyes. "Remember what I said, no leaving the house okay?" he said with a serious tone. Looking in my eyes to get his point across.

"Yeah okay, but why do you have to leave so suddenly though?" I asked curiously on why he was always rushing out on me.

"I have to keep you safe, they can come today if they really wanted to, we have to stop them before they set foot in LA." he said uncertainty crossing his eyes. The fact that he was so unsure of himself getting to them scared the hell out of me.

"I'd probably be safer if you stayed here with me.." I said while taking my gaze away from him and looking at the floor.

He lifted my chin with his hand so our eyes met again and said "You probably would" he said chuckling, trying to light up the mood "Well try our best to get rid of them, I promise" he said kissing my forehead

"Yeah well maybe your best isn't good enough" I mumbled under my breath hoping he didn't hear me. "I wish I could stay with you all day long baby" soften his tone slightly, he kissed my forehead and got up to stand in my bedroom doorway.

"I love you" he said turning on his way to leave. "I love you too" I said, with a small smile on my face trying to convince him I was okay. He smiled back at me showing his perfect rows of teeth. I could here him walking down the stairs, opening and closing the front door.

I didn't have much to do today since I had to stay in the house all day. I decided to call and see if Kyle wanted to come over. I picked up my phone from the bedside table and turned it on. I had 10 missed calls and 5 texts from my mom. I decided it would be best to call her back wondering what she was so urgent about.

"Hello? Alli! Honey are you alright? I couldn't get a hold of you last night, I got worried" she said sighing of relief.

"Oh sorry mum, I guess I forgot to tell you when I got back. I was just so tired I went straight to bed" I said lying about the part where Jake came over and stayed the night.

"Its okay I just get worried when you don't answer. Anyways Ed and I are on our way back now. We should be home in an hour or so." she said cheerily. I guess they had a good time.