♡Chapter 1♡

ღ Alli's POVღ

~9 YEARS LATER~

The sunny Californian sun peered through my bedroom blinds making me toss and turn in my sleep. Peering one eye open I checked the the digital clock on my bedside table reading 12:30 PM. I slept in later than usual but what does it matter Jake (my boyfriend) is probably hanging out with his gang SB. Maybe I'll just sleep a bit longer..

"ALLI KYLES AT THE DOOR FOR YOU" I heard my mother call from downstairs.

"OKAY I'M COMING MOM" I shouted back.

Kyle is my best friend and has been ever since I moved to LA.I quickly getting up and brushing my teeth. I didn't do anything with my brunette hair seeing as it was already naturally wavy so I only needed to brush it. Grabbing a pair of light washed distressed denim shorts and a muscle tank with the California Love cover art on it. I slipped on my navy blue vans and hopped down the stairs. I opened the door seeing the blonde hair, brown eyed boy, Kyle. I haven't seen him all summer and I was so excited to see him.

"Hey Alli!" he chirped excitedly

"Kyle, I'm so excited to see you!" I said bringing him in for a hug. If Jake saw us doing this he'd defiantly be pissed off. Jake hated me being around other boys I guess he was just protective that way. Sometimes it got annoying but I didn't have any feelings for Kyle other than in a friendship way.

"Wanna do something today? I know you're probably cooped up in your house because Jake is "out" he quoted knowing not to mention Jake being involved with in gangs at my house. If my parents found out I was dating someone in a gang I would surely be screwed. My parents raised me in a very strict, very proper family who was against any of the normal teenage shinanagins. When they first met Jake they were defiantly a little skeptical because of the way he carried himself but as soon as they saw him around more they realized he was here for the long run. I loved Jake with all my heart and I hated him being in a gang. I never know if I'll ever see him again.

"Yeah, I've been pretty bored this whole summer since he has to do "business" all the time" I said while rolling my eyes

"Yeah well what do you want to do?" he asked me

"Go get ice cream maybe? We'll catch up, I haven't seen you in forever!" I said pretending to pout while Kyle just laughed at me.

I quickly said goodbye to my mom telling her where I was going. I hoped into the passenger side of Kyle's Jeep. He started it up and pulled out of my drive way. Since I had no car yet, Kyle or Jake usually drove me everywhere. I had my drivers license but I just had nothing to drive. See, my stepdad, Ed recently fell out of a job and we barely have enough money to get by. My mom being a stay at home mom, not having a job either. I guess we didn't really think she needed one because Ed had a pretty good salary. The only reason we still have our house is because his old work provided him with this house and it got paid off before he got let go, thankfully.

As Kyle pulled up to my favourite ice cream shop called "Scoops" they had all the ice cream flavors there you could imagine. My favourite was the flavor bubblegum burst, it has been my favourite ever since I was a little girl. It was cotton candy ice cream with bubble gum pieces in it.We walked up to the stand and were greeted by a nice old lady named, Maggie.

"What can I get you two lovely kids today" she asked in a chirpy yet old lady voice

"I'll have a triple scoop mint chocolate chip in a cone please" Kyle stated politely. I nudged his shoulder whispering "fatass" quietly. Maggie got Kyle's order and carefully handed it over to him making sure it wouldn't fall over

"And for you, sweetheart?" she slowly turned her attention to me "I'll have a double scoop bubblegum burst in a bowl please" I said "Coming right up!" she said with a smile. I felt Kyle nudge my arm "You got to get the ice cream in a cone next time, live on the edge a little. Like me" he said while gesturing to his tower of ice cream, chuckling after "Ouu what a rebel you are with a triple scoop ice cream in a cone" I said laughing. Slightly pushing him seeing if his tower of ice cream could handle it.